WORD PERFORMANCES Reading Series to Continue 1/22 at The Lost Church
Word Performances is a reading series of poetry, prose, fiction, memoir and comedy where words are the lead and music makes a cameo. The next Word Performances is set for Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014 at 8:00pm at the indie performance space The Lost Church, located at 65 Capp Street near 16th and Mission in San Francisco, Calif. This is Word Performances' anniversary show with an all-star line up writers and performers.
- Nato Green, voted best comedian by SF Weekly, and writer of FX's Totally Biased TV show.
- Sylvie Simmons, rock journalist and New York Times best selling author of: I'm Your Man: The Life of Leonard Cohen.
- Zahra Noorbakhsh acclaimed comedian, and story-teller.
- Tim Toaster Henderson, Litquake's Spoken Word Grand Slam Champion.
- Doug Cordell, Emmy nominated writer and NPR contributor.
- Zarina Zabrisky, writer, poet and author of novels, Iron and We, Monsters.
- Simon Rogghe, French poet and scholar.
- Claire Zager is a storyteller and songwriter.
- Todd Siegel, wordsmith and ideator.
- Cybele Zufolo Siegel, poet, writer and performer.
- Miss Erma Kyriakos, jazz chanteuse.
- Cellist Andres Vera.
- And a surprise guest!
The website is www.wordperformances.com. The Lost Church is a stylish and elegant performance space near 16th and Mission. The website is www.thelostchurch.com. Tickets are $15, available through Ticketfly or at the door. http://ticketf.ly/1gi0JnM.
Word Performances is curated by Todd Siegel and myself, Cybele Zufolo Siegel. I am a former young dancer with the New York City Ballet, NEH grant recipient, writer and adjunct professor of English from the City University of New York. This will be Word Performances' ninth show.