Lamb's Players Theatre Announces '20 Acts of Service' Program
Lamb's Players Theatre today announced their new program "20 Acts of Service." As a way of celebrating 20 vibrant years in Coronado, Lamb's will be partnering with organizations and individuals in Coronado to help serve the community that has supported their artistic success.
"We were looking for a way to celebrate our 20th Anniversary in Coronado that would reflect both our organization and our community. Service is the heart of Lamb's and the spirit of Coronado," shared Colleen Kollar Smith. "We are excited to partner with other local organizations and individuals to find ways that our unique talents will benefit the community beyond our work onstage."
Acts of Service already in process:
1. P.E.O (Philanthropic Educational Organization) - Lamb's provided the speaker, Colleen Kollar Smith, for the annual Founders' luncheon. Smith discussed the history of fashion and how it is a reflection of society and women's role in society at any given time.
2. Friends of the Library, CoSA and Coronado High School - Members of Lamb's Players Artistic Team will work with Coronado's High School students to adapt pieces of literature into theatrical works. The final productions will be performed in an evening of staged readings at the library.
3. PAWS - Lamb's will partner with the Pacific Animal Welfare Society on a special benefit performance at their resident stage on April 6th at 7pm. Lamb's will host a special performance of Scott Dreier's one-man show Doris & Me: A Sentimental Journey
4. Coronado Hospital Foundation - Lamb's will provide entertainment for the Foundation's annual gala.
5. Crown Volunteer Awards - Lamb's will again host this community event on October 19th, 2014 to honor Coronado's leading volunteers.
Lamb's is looking for other opportunities to be of service to the Coronado community. If you have an idea for an act of service, contact Colleen Kollar Smith at 619-437-6050 x123 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lamb's Players Theatre is located at 1142 Orange Ave, Coronado, Calif.