Summer Stages: BWW's Top Summer Theater Picks - Salt Lake City
1. MARY POPPINS at Hale Centre Theatre in West Valley City, June 13 to August 9, www.halecentretheatre.org
Audiences are surely in for a magical night filled with surprises when the famous nanny flies into Hale Centre Theatre's technical marvel of a stage.
2. THE PRODUCERS at the Ziegfeld Theater in Ogden, August 1 to September 6, www.theziegfeldtheater.com
One of the biggest Broadway hits of this century makes its long awaited Utah amateur theatre debut.
3. A CHORUS LINE at the Egyptian Theatre in Park City, July 4 to 27, www.egyptiantheatrecompany.org
A well-known musical rarely produced in Utah that features classic songs and exciting dance numbers.
4. AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY co-produced by Utah Repertory Theater and Silver Summit Theatre Company at the Sugar Space West Theater in the River District, August 15 to 31, www.utahrep.org.
Utah Rep treats us to yet another Utah premiere--this time a family drama fresh from Broadway and the big screen.
5. SEVEN BRIDES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS at the SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre in Orem, August 1 to 16, www.scera.org.
Tickets are affordable enough to bring the whole family. Sit together on SCERA's grassy hill and share a picnic under the stars as you enjoy this nostalgic, feel-good musical and true community theatre at its best.
Photo Credit: SCERA Shell Outdoor Theatre