Annie in the West End anyone?

ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile PhotoILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#1
Posted: 11/7/12 at 7:01pm
If so here's my Cast...

Daddy Warbucks-Anthony Warlow (repeating his role from Broadway)
Miss Hannigan-Hannah Waddingham
Annie-a newcomer
Grace Farrell-Lucy Durack (West End Debut)
Rooster Hannigan-Ramin Karimloo
Lily St.Regis-Sierra Boggess (needs to break free from sweet roles)
Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#2
Posted: 11/8/12 at 9:02am
Boggess would be more Grace Farrell. Lily should be a newbie. Waddingham's living in Australia now so she probably won't be doing much in the UK for a while.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#2
Posted: 11/8/12 at 10:07am
God no, no, no, no, keep that sentimental junk away from London, we already have way to much rubbish on the West End, we don't need more
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
mallardo Profile Photomallardo Profile Photo
mallardo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#3
Posted: 11/8/12 at 11:16am
I'm surprised at you, SADM2 - do you really think Annie is "sentimental junk"? I find it quite irresistable.
Faced with these Loreleis, what man can moralize!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#4
Posted: 11/8/12 at 11:48am
I'll be seeing the new Broadway Annie on Monday 18th - and I have to admit I'm really looking forward to it!
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** uAssassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie***** Little Shop Of Horrors (Colchester)***** The Theory Of Relativity***** Warhorse***** The Clockmaker's Daughter*** Elegies For Angels, Punks & Raging Queens***** Duncton Wood**** Live & Acoustic**** Dick Barton**** The Baker's Wife**** High Society***** Bend It Like Beckham**** Gypsy*****. Face The Music**** The Play That Goes Wrong***** Les Miserables***** Dusty*** I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change***** House Of Mirrors And Hearts*** American Idiot***** Gloria Onitiri Reverie***** What's It All About?***** New Beginnings, No More Thought Of Darkness**** Fully Committed (Edinburgh)***** Sunshine On Leith (Edinburgh)*** Cleansed (Edinburgh)**** Under The Ground (Edinburgh)*** The Bakewell Bake Off (Edinburgh)**** Confessional (Edinburgh)**** Urinetown (Edinburgh)*** Departures (Edinburgh)*** The Spitfire Grill ***** Aliens Love Underpants**** Pinocchio**** Prodigy*****
Nickhutson Profile PhotoNickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#5
Posted: 11/8/12 at 1:30pm
No thanks - keeps this bore fest away.

Enjoy it, Bob! It belongs in NYC - not here!
Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#6
Posted: 11/8/12 at 2:39pm
Afraid so Mallardo, it had a couple of nice songs but I just find it cringe worthy, it's my least favourite popular musical ever.... Closely followed by Oliver. In fact I think Annie and Oliver should be tied together and dumped in the ocean lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#7
Posted: 11/8/12 at 3:13pm
THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** uAssassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic**** Charles Strouse (cabaret)**** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C***** Follies***** The Verb, To Love*** Portia Coughlan**** Sweeney Todd (Pie Shop)***** Closer To Heaven*** Carrie***** Little Shop Of Horrors (Colchester)***** The Theory Of Relativity***** Warhorse***** The Clockmaker's Daughter*** Elegies For Angels, Punks & Raging Queens***** Duncton Wood**** Live & Acoustic**** Dick Barton**** The Baker's Wife**** High Society***** Bend It Like Beckham**** Gypsy*****. Face The Music**** The Play That Goes Wrong***** Les Miserables***** Dusty*** I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change***** House Of Mirrors And Hearts*** American Idiot***** Gloria Onitiri Reverie***** What's It All About?***** New Beginnings, No More Thought Of Darkness**** Fully Committed (Edinburgh)***** Sunshine On Leith (Edinburgh)*** Cleansed (Edinburgh)**** Under The Ground (Edinburgh)*** The Bakewell Bake Off (Edinburgh)**** Confessional (Edinburgh)**** Urinetown (Edinburgh)*** Departures (Edinburgh)*** The Spitfire Grill ***** Aliens Love Underpants**** Pinocchio**** Prodigy*****
Updated On: 11/8/12 at 03:13 PM
mfan123
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Annie in the West End anyone?#8
Posted: 11/8/12 at 6:59pm
@Musicaldudepeter - do you know what hannah is doing in australia? does she live there normally or just there for a b?
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile PhotoILOHTFAHA (Aida Man) Profile Photo
ILOHTFAHA (Aida Man)
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#9
Posted: 11/8/12 at 10:25pm
Well Sierra needs to break free from the sweet roles and I think Lily is the perfect role to do that.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#10
Posted: 11/9/12 at 8:36am
Would Annie do well if it came over, I thought the last revival was a flop? I like it but I can understand why people dont like it.
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#11
Posted: 11/9/12 at 10:55am
Its toured fairly regularly hasnt it?

To be honest Ive no idea what might do well at the moment.
Aside from a couple of plays, everything Ive been to recently seems to be struggling.
Musicaldudepeter
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#12
Posted: 11/9/12 at 12:43pm
@mfan123 I don't know tbh, she said in an interview recently that she's moving their with her partner, and if there is work to be had in the UK she would always consider moving back to do a stint in a show, but for the time being she's moving down under... you never know, she may find work in the theatre industry down there.
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#13
Posted: 11/9/12 at 9:45pm
I saw the original production on Broadway with Loudon and it was terrific*. A week later I saw it in London with Sheila Hancock and Stratford Johns still good. A couple of months later I saw it in L.A. with Jane Connell as Hannigan as a not so good Hannigan...after that every time I saw it it lost some of the gloss and fun. Perhaps it is a show that doesn't stand up to multiple viewings.

ILOHT....Lucy Durack? Really? Really?

*I think what made this show so good in the first place for me was the initial viewing of the exceptional David Mitchell set designs. This new production looks very ... dark.
goldenboy Profile Photogoldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#14
Posted: 11/30/12 at 9:45pm
The Broadway Production is a huge disappointment in so many ways. If you get an Annie, hope it is not the misquided NY production which is charmless, miscast, awful sets. Really a mess. It only got good reviews because it openned 2 days after a hurricane.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Annie in the West End anyone?#15
Posted: 12/1/12 at 7:50pm
I don't think the New York critics would bestow praise on the show, just because it opened two days after a hurricane.

Saying that Annie, never seen the show or heard the score, but hope to catch it in New York.
Chookaburra
Swing
Swing
Annie in the West End anyone?#16
Posted: 12/2/12 at 5:45am
Golden boy - don't know what you have been reading - but I have seen some reviews of the NYC Annie that are stunning !
Agree with Phantom they would not have given good reviews 'just because they opened 2 days after the 'Super Storm' - also they had been performing in 'previews' before that for many days, so had had ample opportunity to make their minds up !

MusicalBoy Profile PhotoMusicalBoy Profile Photo
MusicalBoy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Annie in the West End anyone?#17
Posted: 12/2/12 at 5:49am
^ It's more that the critics ate up the sentimental 'NYC-ness' of it all only days after a devastating hurricane.

From what I've heard Lapine's direction hasn't done this show any favours and it doesn't come close to living up to the original.

BROADWAYWORLD TV

Save $$$ on Tickets to: