CAT Theatre to Kick Off New Kids' Summer Camp KIT'NS
CAT Theatre launches its new kids' camp, KIT'NS: Kids In Theatre 'N Stagecraft.
Three camps: M-F, 8:30a to 5:00p, June 26-30, July 10-14, and July 31-Aug 4, 2017.
Mornings, 8:30a-12:30p: Campers will:
- earn theatre games and techniques that promote confidence and skill onstage.
- learn the rudiments of stage combat in a safely controlled setting.
- explore several dramatic styles, including Shakespeare.
- perform for family and friends in the evening of the final day of camp.
Lunch 12:30-1:00. Campers bring lunch. CAT provides a refrigerator, bottled water and fruit.
Afternoons, 1:00-5:00p: Campers will:
- learn how to design a stage set to support the action of the script.
- each construct a cardboard scale model of the actual set the on which the campers will perform at the end of the week. These models will be theirs to take home.
- learn how to use t-shirts, paint, fabric strips, scarves, and other accessories to design and create costumes they will wear during their final performances at the end of the week. Each camper must bring two white t-shirts, one in a normally loose fit, the other, considerably overlarge. The costumes will be theirs to take home.
Fees: $250 per camper per week. Second child from the same family, $225. Sign up for second camp, $450; second child $400. Sign up for all three camps, $650; second child $575
While the structure followed for the camps and some activities will be the same, the subject matter of the second and third camps does not repeat the first; a camper will have a new and different experience each time.
CAT Theatre is located at 319 N. Wilkinson Road, Henrico, VA 23227. Contact Kelly St. Clair at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.