FSCJ Artist Series & Chase Partner for Camp Broadway Grant Program
FSCJ Artist Series and Chase announce the Camp Broadway Grant Program. The Camp Broadway 2014 program, from June 16-20 at the Wilson Center for the Arts, includes five days of classes in singing, dancing, and acting. In addition to intensive class work, the campers will participate in a luncheon with theater professionals and act in their own performances of Broadway musicals.
Camp Broadway Grant Program Details:
• One full grant will be awarded to one worthy student who is chosen among all submissions. Other applicants will be considered for three half grants.
• Full and half grant awards will be made on May 28, 2014.
• Decision of the FSCJ Artist Series will be final. All standard camp requirements must also be met in order for recipient to attend. Eligibility: children between the ages of 10-17. No theatrical experience required.
Criteria for Camp Broadway Grant Program Submissions:
• Students ages 10-17 must submit a 1-2 page essay describing the experience which inspired his/her interest in the theater.
• Parents or guardians must also include a letter demonstrating need for the grant and stating how the opportunity to attend Camp Broadway will enhance the child's appreciation for the performing arts.
• All submissions are due by May 23rd at 5pm.
Ways to Apply:
• Email attachments to Katherine McManus at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Fax to 904-632-3266
• Mail or deliver to: Katherine McManus
FSCJ Artist Series
501 West State Street Ste. 109
Jacksonville, FL 32202
For more information on the Camp Broadway Grant Program, visit http://bit.ly/CBGrant.
Camp Broadway runs 8:30AM - 5:00PM from Monday, June 16- Friday, June 20, 2014 at the Wilson Center for the Arts on Florida State College at Jacksonville's South Campus. Camp Broadway introduces young people aged 10 to 17 to the world of life on-stage and behind the scenes. Campers work with Broadway directors, choreographers, and musical directors to receive training in acting, scene study, improvisation, music theory, solo and ensemble singing, movement, and dance. This five-day performing arts program offers each camper the opportunity to expand his or her creative talents, build self-esteem, learn the art of collaboration, and gain a fuller respect and understanding of musical theatre. Tuition is $550.00 per camper.
The FSCJ Artist Series has been recognized by the State of Florida as a Major Cultural Institution and receives funding from the State of Florida, through the Florida Department of State, Division of Cultural Affairs and the Florida Arts Council.