Tickets to Cincinnati Playhouse's 2014-15 Season Now On Sale
Single tickets for all 2014-15 season shows at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park will go on sale Monday, Aug. 4. This includes tickets for the Playhouse's beloved annual holiday classic A CHRISTMAS CAROL, presented by U.S. Bank.
Set in beautiful Eden Park, Ohio's only Tony Award-winning theatre boasts a national reputation for excellence, bringing the same actors, directors and designers seen on Broadway, off-Broadway and at other leading professional theatres across the country to Cincinnati. A Playhouse season offers something for everyone, from contemporary theatre and Broadway hits to musicals, classics and world premieres. The 55th season includes:
· The electrifying season opener, Jeffrey Hatcher's SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ADVENTURE OF THE SUICIDE CLUB, featuring Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's iconic sleuth in a new whodunit based on a Robert Louis Stevenson short story.
· An exciting, suspenseful world premiere, SAFE HOUSE, inspired by the ancestors of Cincinnati native playwright Keith Josef Adkins, who were free people of color in antebellum Kentucky.
· Recent Broadway smash hit VANYA AND SONIA AND MASHA AND SPIKE by Christopher Durang, the "deliriously funny" winner of the 2013 Tony Award for best play.
· PETER AND THE STARCATCHER, the magical, family-friendly Peter Pan prequel that hooked five Tony Awards.
· Inspiring tributes to two musical legends - TENDERLY: THE ROSEMARY CLOONEY MUSICAL, chronicling America's favorite girl singer from her Cincinnati childhood and Hollywood stardom to triumphant comeback; and RING OF FIRE: THE MUSIC OF JOHNNY CASH, directed by and featuring Jason Edwards, who starred in the show on Broadway.
· Four exciting contemporary plays in the Thompson Shelterhouse.
New for the upcoming season is Sunday College Night, with tickets to all 7 p.m. Sunday performances (not including A Christmas Carol) priced at just $10 with a valid student ID. Student tickets are just $15 on the day of the show for all other performances.
All Marx Theatre price zones are available in the lower level, with individual tickets starting at just $30.
Patrons also can subscribe to all five Marx Theatre or five Thompson Shelterhouse productions for as little as $150 or build their own series of four or more shows from either theatre.
A discounted price for children and teens is available for all productions in any section. The price is $30 for all regular season shows and $30 and $45 for A Christmas Carol. Visit our website for content and age advisories for each show.
To purchase tickets or for more information, call the Playhouse Box Office at
The 2014-15 season is presented by The Otto M. Budig Family Foundation and Heidelberg Distributing Company. The season sponsor of new work is the Lois and Richard Rosenthal Foundation.
The Playhouse is fully accessible. Audio enhancement receivers, large print programs and complete wheelchair access are available.
The Playhouse is supported by the generosity of the community contributors to the ArtsWave campaign. The Ohio Arts Council helps fund the Playhouse with state tax dollars to encourage economic growth, educational excellence and cultural enrichment for all Ohioans. The Playhouse also receives funding from the Shubert Foundation and the National Endowment for the Arts.