Nominations Now Being Accepted For 2011 BWW Chicago Awards!
Nominations are now being accepted for the second annual BroadwayWorld Chicago Awards! Click here to submit the names of the artists, shows and theaters that you feel should be nominated for this year's awards, the Chicago area's only comprehensive fan awards for local and touring theatrical productions.
You can submit entries until October 31, 2011 after which the entry process will end. The final slate of nominees will be announced shortly thereafter, with online voting to take place November through mid-December.
Winners will be announced before Christmas, and a celebration will take place before New Year's, on Wednesday evening, December 28, 2011 at The Call nightclub, 1547 W. Bryn Mawr Avenue in Chicago's Andersonville neighborhood.
Mark your calendars now. Last year's awards celebration at The Call was a warm and special event--you won't want to miss this year's version!
Eligibility is for productions which opened (or will open) between September 1, 2010 and October 31, 2011. (Please note that this is a 14-month eligibility window.) Competition is likely to be fierce!
Nominations and awards are in the same 25 categories as in 2010. As a reminder, here is a complete list of the 2010 winners. Will the same artists and theaters be nominated for their work this year? They might be, if you submit their names now!
Here is the list of last year's winners. Congratulations again to everyone!
Best Touring Production
- BILLY ELLIOT, Ford Center for the Performing Arts, Oriental Theatre
Best Actress in a Touring Production
- Moya Angela, DREAMGIRLS, Cadillac Palace Theatre
Best Actor in a Touring Production
- Chester Gregory, DREAMGIRLS, Cadillac Palace Theatre
Best Special Theatrical Event
Best New Work/New Adaptation (Resident)
- Amanda Murphy and Jamie Campbell, FOUR PLAY, Studio BE
Best Revival of a Musical (Resident Equity)
- JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, Theatre at the Center
Best Revival of a Musical (Resident Non-Equity)
- CHESS, Theo Ubique Cabaret Theatre
Best Revival of a Play (Resident Equity)
- A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, Writers' Theatre
Best Revival of a Play (Resident Non-Equity)
- THE PHILADELPHIA STORY, Circle Theatre
Best Revue (Resident)
- THE ABSOLUTE BEST FRIGGIN' TIME OF YOUR LIFE, The Second City e.t.c.
Best Actress in a Musical or Revue (Resident Equity)
- Cory Goodrich, RAGTIME, Drury Lane Theatre
Best Actor a Musical or Revue (Resident Equity)
- Max Quinlan, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR, Theatre at the Center
Best Actress in a Musical or Revue (Resident Non-Equity)
- Heather Bodie, FOUR PLAY, Studio BE
Best Actor in a Musical or Revue (Resident Non-Equity)
- Jeremy Trager, CHESS, Theo Ubique Cabaret Theatre
Best Actress in a Play (Resident Equity)
- Natasha Lowe, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, Writers' Theatre
Best Actor in a Play (Resident Equity)
Best Actress in a Play (Resident Non-Equity))