NBC's MEET THE PRESS is Most-Watched Sunday Public Affairs Hour 10/20
MEET THE PRESS with DAVID GREGORY, NBC
More viewers tuned into "Meet the Press" on Oct.20, 2013 than any other Sunday public affairs hour, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast drew 2.819 million viewers and 770,000 viewers A25-54, topping the competition in total viewers and the key demo. "Meet the Press" topped This Week in A25-54 for the fourth straight week and had its best total viewer advantage over ABC since July 7, 2013.
MTP delivered an additional 1.274 million total viewers and 620,000 A25-54 viewers with rebroadcasts - 632,000 total viewers and 354,000 A25-54 viewers on the network and 642,000 total viewers and 266,000 A25-54 viewers on MSNBC.
In Washington, DC, MTP averaged 88,000 total viewers (3.6/10HH), +96% ahead of Fox News Sunday's 45,000 viewers (1.5/4), +214% more than Face the Nation hour's 28,000 (1.0/3), and +267% ahead of This Week's 24,000 (0.8/2).
• MTP averaged 2.819 million total viewers, +9% (+236,000) more than This Week's 2.583 million, +13% (+317,000) more than Face the Nation hour's 2.502 million, and +123% (+1,555,000) ahead of Fox News Sunday's 1.264 million.
• In homes, MTP delivered a 2.0 rating and 6 share, ahead of This Week and Face the Nation hour's 1.8/5, and Fox News Sunday's 0.9/3.
• In rating A25-54, MTP delivered a 0.6 rating, tied with This Week and Face the Nation hour's 0.6, and +3 tenths more than Fox News Sunday's 0.3.
• MTP averaged 770,000 A25-54 viewers, +92,000 more than This Week's 678,000, +104,000 more than Face The Nation hour's 666,000, and +388,000 more than Fox News Sunday's 382,000.
• MTP topped This Week in A25-54 for the fourth straight week and had its best total viewer advantage over ABC since July 7, 2013.
Sunday's edition of "Meet the Press" featured exclusive interviews with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew, and Senators Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and Tom Coburn (R-OK); a First Read Sunday update with NBC's Chuck Todd; and a political roundtable featuring NY Times Columnist David Brooks; Washington Post Columnist E.J. Dionne; host of CNBC's "Closing Bell," Maria Bartiromo; and NBC News Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell.
David Gregory is the moderator of "Meet the Press." Rob Yarin is the executive producer, Adam Verdugo is the senior producer, and Chris Donovan and Ilana Marcus Drimmer are producers.