FOOD NETWORK STAR Finale and More Highlight July 2012 Programming
|Scoop: LIVE WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL - Week of October 5, 2015|
October 01, 2015
|Scoop: THE CHEW on ABC - Week of October 5, 2015|
October 01, 2015
Food Network brings the heat this summer with the season finale of Food Network Star, a five-episode Chopped stunt and all viewers crave for summer food and fun. It's a back-to-back primetime event on Sunday, July 22nd with the much-anticipated season finale of Food Network Star at 9pm and the premiere of Chopped: Grill Masters at 10pm. The remaining Food Network Star finalists take a look back on their journey to the finale, and one contestant's dream comes true as the judges reveal who will be the next Food Network Star on Sunday, July 22nd at 9pm. Following the dramatic finale, Food Network launches a five-episode Chopped stunt as 16 competitors head to the Wild West to compete in Chopped: Grill Masters for a $50,000 grand prize beginning Sunday, July 22nd at 10pm. Melissa d'Arabian boosts the daytime lineup with a new season of Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian beginning Sunday, July 15th at 10am, and Bobby Flay comes to the rescue of restaurants across the country in 3 Days to Open with Bobby Flay Friday, July 20th at 10pm when he helps save food businesses from failing before opening night. Food Network also dishes out premiere episodes of primetime hits including Chopped, Cupcake Wars, Iron Chef America and Restaurant: Impossible. Join the Food Network conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Food Network Star
· Premiering Sunday, July 1st at 9pm - "Deen Family Beach Party" The finalists head to Miami for the Food Network South Beach Wine and Food Festival where Paula Deen (Paula's Best Dishes) hosts a summer beach party for VIP guests. They must provide the food for the beachside occasion and in addition to creating a dish for the party, they also create a kids version to appease the youngsters in attendance. The finalists shop at Target for fun and stylish items to help bring their family beach party to life. The final eight also perform a 30-second "entertaining tip" on-camera which will be watched by the judging table, and whoever wins the challenge receives a $20,000 Target gift card.
· Premiering Sunday, July 8th at 9pm - "Deliciously Unpredictable Demos" The seven remaining finalists are invited guests at a standing-room-only Food Network South Beach Food and Wine Festival demo tent with 150 fans and upon arrival the tables are turned - they each must take the stage for their very own cooking demonstration in front of the huge crowd! The finalists take the stage for their demos, and unbeknownst to them, each one will face a technical glitch set up by the producers. Tensions are high as each finalist struggles to save themselves from elimination.
· Premiering Sunday, July 15th at 9pm - "Pilot Greenlights" The six remaining finalists star in promos for their own Food Network shows directed by their producers/mentors. Network stars including Sunny Anderson (Cooking For Real), Anne Burrell (Secrets of a Restaurant Chef, Worst Cooks in America), Melissa d'Arabian (Ten Dollar Dinners), Robert Irvine (Restaurant: Impossible), Jeff Mauro (Sandwich King) and Aarón Sanchez (Chopped) give feedback on the promos. The finalists who survive the drastic and dramatic cut get to make pilots for their show produced by their mentor. At the end of the show, viewers vote online at www.foodnetwork.com/star to determine who will receive the ultimate prize during the July 22nd finale: their own Food Network show.
· Premiering Sunday, July 22nd at 9pm - "Finale - A Star is Born" - SEASON FINALE Before the winner is revealed, the finalists are back in the studio with their mentors and judges to view never-before-seen footage from the season. Bobby, Alton and Giada each share their favorite moments and discuss why they think their finalist should win during an emotional look back at remaining finalists' journey to the finale. Then, the results are in as America has voted to determine who will be the next Food Network Star.
Chopped: Grill Masters
Food Network's blowing the roof off Chopped, traveling to the glorious Arizona desert for a breathtaking event! Sixteen outstanding grilling professionals face off in an old Western town in this captivating five-part tournament. The stage is set for the ultimate culinary feud, with astonishing mystery ingredients and tremendously talented competitors. Only four chefs can make it to the final fiery showdown, and when the dust clears, the greatest grilling pro of all will walk away with $50,000.
· Premiering Sunday, July 22nd at 10pm - "Grill Masters: Part 1" To kick off the first-of-its-kind Chopped grilling tournament, the first four Grill Masters must prepare a dish using cookies and yak steaks in the appetizer round. Then, a giant surprise awaits the competitors in the entrée basket, and in the dessert duel, chocolate meets fruit for a showdown not to be missed. Competitors: Ray Lampe, Jen Duncan, Tommy Duncan, Galen Zamarra Judges: Marc Murphy, Amanda Freitag, Aarón Sanchez
· Premiering Sunday, July 29th at 9pm - "Grill Masters: Part 2" Four more Grill Masters step up to the challenge for a chance to compete in the $50,000 finale. In the first round, the chefs must hatch a successful meal plan using chile taffy and Hawaiian blue prawns. Then, after the remaining competitors serve up their rack of boar entrées, the judges debate the relative complexity of flavors in the three dishes of the entrée round. Delicious Italian surprises await the finalists, but perfect desserts will be difficult to execute in a windy and intense final round. Competitors: Sam Choy, Nicole Davenport, Carey Bringle, Dushyant Singh Judges: Marc Murphy, Amanda Freitag, Aarón Sanchez
Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian
· Premiering Sunday, July 15th at 10am - "Chick, Chick, Ole" - SEASON PREMIERE Melissa d'Arabian serves up the craveable flavors of restaurant-style fajitas on a budget-friendly bill. Her Grilled Chicken Fajita Platter is loaded with strips of lime-marinated chicken breast and veggies, ready to fold into Melissa's Homemade Flour Tortillas. Grilled Tomato Salsa is the perfect topping for this delicious chicken meal.
· Premiering Sunday, July 22nd at 10am - "Appetizing Savings" Melissa d'Arabian makes a whole meal inspired by popular appetizers. Bowls of chillEd White Gazpacho, Spicy Turkey Lollipops with a raspberry glaze, warm Blue Cheese Fondue, and Crispy Fried Celery Sticks will fill you up without draining your wallet.
· Premiering Sunday, July 29th at 10am - "Back in Tucson" Melissa d'Arabian shares some of her favorite recipes from her childhood in Tucson. She whips up her Arroz Con Pollo, and for dessert, Applesauce Empanadas are a hit with kids and adults alike. She tops it off with Garden Iced Green Tea.
Chopped: Food Network Stars - Premiering Sunday, July 22nd at 8pm
Winners of the hit series Food Network Star compete to see who can beam brightest in the Chopped Kitchen. Cooking for the powerhouse panel of Bobby Flay, Giada De Laurentiis and Alton Brown, the competitors must be ready for whatever they find in the notorious baskets. It is a bubbly first round with sparkling cider as a mystery ingredient. Then, a black cloud hovers over the entrée round in the form of black chickens. With $10,000 going to one Star's favorite charity, a lot is riding on crafting desserts from frozen peas and cinnamon cereal. Competitors: Melissa d'Arabian, Amy Finley, Jeff Mauro, Aarti Sequeira
ON-AIR THEME WEEKENDS
Food Network's Summer Party Weekend
Premiering Saturday, June 30th and Sunday, July 1st from 7am to 12pm Get your summer party started right with a full weekend lineup of Food Network chef's seasonal tips and premiere episodes of Barefoot Contessa, Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction, Giada at Home, Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen, Mexican Made Easy and Paula's Best Dishes.
Food Network's Bird is the Word Weekend
Premiering Saturday, July 14th and Sunday July 15th from 9am to 12pm Food Network's chefs share their favorite bird recipes in an all-out salute to the endless variations of that mighty food staple, chicken - featuring premiere episodes from Barefoot Contessa, Bobby Flay's Barbecue Addiction, Giada at Home, Home for Dinner with Jamie Deen, Mexican Made Easy, and Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d'Arabian.
· Premiering Tuesday, July 3rd at 10pm - All-American Competition It's a special All-American Chopped! From apple pie in the appetizer basket to bourbon for dessert, the patriotic theme makes for some yummy, original dishes.
· Premiering Tuesday, July 17th at 10pm - "Orzo It Seemed" The judges find creativity in the variety of flavors in the four chefs seafood sausage appetizers. In the entrée round, the chefs must integrate tiny pasta and a powerful liqueur into their dishes.