2015 Walter Cronkite Award For Excellence in Television Political Journalism Announce Call For Entries
The Norman Lear Center at the USC Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism is now accepting entries for the 2015 Walter Cronkite Award For Excellence in Television Political Journalism. The award encourages and showcases substantive and innovative coverage that informs viewers about their electoral choices. It recognizes television journalism that helps viewers understand WHO THE candidates are; what the issues and ballot propositions are; how electoral choices will affect their lives; how to assess campaign information, including advertising; and how to register, vote and make their own voices heard.
We will again partner with the Annenberg Public Policy Center of the University of Pennsylvania which is presenting the Brooks Jackson Prize For Fact Checking Political Messages, recognizing TV journalists' best practices in reducing the level of DECEPTION and confusion in U.S. political ads. The prize is named for the founding director of http://www.FactCheck.org.
The award ceremony and symposium will be held April 24 at the National Press Club in Washington D.C., and will recognize work produced during the 2013-2014 mid-term election season.
Entries must be postmarked by January 9, 2015. An early bird deadline with reduced entry fee is December 12, 2015.
- Local Broadcast Station
- Local Cable Station
- Local Public Station
- Individual Achievement, Local: Any individual from a local public, commercial, broadcast or cable station is eligible.
- National Network Program: Public, commercial, broadcast and cable networks are eligible to submit separate entries for one or more daily or weekly regularly scheduled program.
- Individual Achievement, National: Any individual from a national public, commercial, broadcast or cable station is eligible.
- Group: Entries will demonstrate achievement on stations across an ownership group. Broadcast, cable and public station groups are eligible.
- The Brooks Jackson Prize for Fact Checking Political Advertising (see below)