2013 CMT MUSIC AWARDS Sparks Music Sales for Performers
The electrifying performances from the 2013 CMT MUSIC AWARDS, hosted by Jason Aldean and Kristin Bell, drove digital gains for every performer on the live show which aired Wednesday, June 5 on CMT.
The 2013 awards show featured more performances than any time in CMT's history, and all 13 mainstage performers saw lifts in their digital single sales according to Soundscan, with host Jason Aldean generating the most substantial increase for the debut of his just-released single, Night Train, up +428%. Little Big Town brought the house to its feet with their flawless cover of Fleetwood Mac's hit The Chain featuring Keith Urban on guitar; and the original single saw an increase of +192%. Lenny Kravitz and Kacey Musgraves were also among those who garnered triple-digit increases in digital track sales following their performances, with gains of +183% and +118% respectively.
The 2013 CMT Music Awards saw digital track increases among each of the 13 songs performed on the live show:
· Jason Aldean (Night Train) - Increased 428%
· Little Big Town with Keith Urban (The Chain)
· Fleetwood Mac (The Chain) - Increased 192%
· Jason Aldean with Lenny Kravitz (American Woman)
· Lenny Kravitz (American Woman) - Increased 183%
· Kacey Musgraves (Blowin' Smoke) - Increased 118%
· Lady Antebellum (Goodbye Town) - Increased 88%
· Taylor Swift (Red) - Increased 84%
· Carrie Underwood (See You Again) - Increased 69%
· Keith Urban (Little Bit Of Everything) - Increased 63%
· Darius Rucker with Lady Antebellum (Wagon Wheel) - Increased 25%
· Hunter Hayes (I Want Crazy) - Increased 25%
· Florida Georgia Line (Cruise) - Increased 15%
· Luke Bryan (Crash My Party) - Increased 11%
· Miranda Lambert (Mama's Broken Heart) - Increased 7%
In addition, each of the six acts featured on the Nationwide Insurance side stage experienced post-show sales increases. The secondary stage featured fast-rising country artists Ashley Monroe (Weed Instead of Roses +882%), Love and Theft (Angel Eyes +61%), Kree Harrison (All Cried Out +55%), Dustin Lynch (Cowboys and Angels +42%), Randy Houser (How Country Feels +19%) and Cassadee Pope (Wasting All These Tears released June 4 and sold 125k).
The 2013 CMT Music Awards were the #1 non-sports, original cable telecast for the day, and garnered over 3.4 million viewers for the live telecast and encore. The show was also a giant success for the network's digital platforms, outpacing all metrics across CMT.com and CMT Mobile, and earning distinction as the #1 most social TV show for the day (via Social Guide's Twitter TV Rankings).
For full coverage and to view the night's big performances, visit CMT.com. Follow CMT on Twitter (@CMT), hashtag #CMTawards and become a fan of the CMT Music Awards on Facebook.
CMT, a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the leading television and digital authority on country music and entertainment, reaching more than 92 million homes in the U.S. CMT and its website, CMT.com, offer an unparalleled mix of music, news, live concerts and series and is the top resource for country music on demand. The network's digital platforms include the 24-hour music channel, CMT Pure Country, CMT Mobile and CMT VOD.