SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Scores Its Highest Ratings for an Encore Since November 2010
In Late-Night Metered-Market Household Averages for Saturday night:
* An encore telecast of "Saturday Night Live," with host Seth MacFarlane and musical guest Frank Ocean (4.1/10 in metered-market households), hit a two-year high for an "SNL" rebroadcast in metered-market households, delivering the show's highest rating for an encore edition since November 6, 2010 (with a telecast hosted by Jane Lynch and featuring musical guest Bruno Mars).
* In the 25 markets with Local People Meters, "Saturday Night Live" averaged a 2.0 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49, "SNL's" top rating in the Local People Meters with a rebroadcast in eight months (since February 25, with an episode hosted by Charlie Day and featuring musical guest Maroon 5).
* Versus the same night last year, "SNL" was up 21 percent in metered-market households (4.1 vs. 3.4) and up 11 percent in the Local People Meters (2.0 vs. 1.8).
* In national ratings so far this season, original telecasts of "Saturday Night Live" are up versus one year ago by 7 percent in 18-49 rating (with a 2.9 vs. a 2.7, "most current") and up 4 percent in total viewers (7.5 million vs. 7.2 million).
Saturday Primetime Results:
* At 8 p.m. ET, an encore telecast of "Revolution" averaged a 0.4/1 in 18-49 and 2.0 million viewers overall. "Revolution" is currently up week to week in this slot by 5 percent in total viewers (1.983 million vs. 1.893 million).
* At 9 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast of "Chicago Fire" delivered a 0.5/2 in 18-49 and 2.4 million viewers overall. From its first half-hour to its second, "Chicago Fire" grew by a tenth of a rating point in 18-49 (to a 0.6 from a 0.5) and 9 percent in total viewers (2.5 million vs. 2.3 million).
* At 10 p.m. ET, a rebroadcast of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" (0.7/2 in 18-49, 3.0 million viewers overall) built on its lead-in by 40 percent in 18-49 rating and 27 percent in total viewers.
NOTE: All ratings are "live plus same day" from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise indicated.
More On: Seth MacFarlane, Jane Lynch, Bruno Mars, Charlie Day.