New Kickstarter For SAVE A DANCE! To Preserve Work of Robbins, Fosse, Bennett, Etc.
A new Kickstarter account has been created in support of the new dance preservation and presentation initiative titled SAVE A DANCE!
SAVE A DANCE! intends to recreate many memorable musical numbers from the classic choreographic canons of some of Broadway's best directors and choreographers, including works by Jerome Robbins, Bob Fosse, Michael Bennett, Susan Stroman and more.
The official description of SAVE A DANCE! is as follows: "SAVE A DANCE is a campaign based on the mission of American Dance Machine for the 21st Century - to create a "Living Archive" of great masterpieces of American musical theater choreography in order to preserve these great dance works, present them and to educate today's and future audiences, dancers and choreographers. The ADM21 Team has been working on reconstructing great works of musical theater choreography and preserving them for the past two and a half years. We are now getting ready to present these choreographic masterpieces at our week-long New York City debut at the legendary Joyce Theater November 11-16, 2014! We are honored to work with top artists in the Broadway industry, staging and re-creating classic and current notable works of musical theater choreography. These numbers are the show-stopping hits that audiences walk away from exhilarated and moved to see again and again."
Additionally, the page boasts: "To date, we have reconstructed the original choreography of...
- Michael Bennett ("Music and the Mirror" from A CHORUS LINE, coached by Donna McKechnie and "Turkey Lurkey Time" reconstructed and staged by Donna McKechnie, Margo Sappington and Baayork Lee)
- Bob Fosse ("Beat Me Daddy Eight to the Bar" from BIG DEAL staged by Kathryn Doby)
- Hermes Pan ("Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" from the 1952 film "Lovely To Look At" coached by Marge Champion)
- Jerome Robbins ("Mr. Monotony" from JEROME ROBBINS' BROADWAY staged by Robert La Fosse)
- Susan Stroman ("Simply Irresistible" from CONTACT staged by Tome' Cousin)"
More information on SAVE A DANCE! is available on the official Kickstarter page here.
View the new promotional video for the Kickstarter for SAVE A DANCE! below.