THE HAPPINESS CHOICE Shares the Principles to Achieve a Balanced Life
Author Marilyn Tam was an unwanted, neglected, and abused child in Hong Kong who became an international business success and humanitarian. She not only beat the odds, but reached her goals while staying happy, healthy and at peace with herself. For the first time, she details the path she took to achieve these personal and professional successes in her new book, "The Happiness Choice: The Five Decisions That Will Take You From Where You Are to Where You Want to Be" (Wiley; Hardcover & ebook; ISBN: 978-1-1184-9316-8).
"The Happiness Choice" is inspirational, engaging and practical; a combination of lyrical storytelling and actionable tools and strategies. The book is filled with stories, tips, and insights on how anyone can live the life they've dreamed of living. It includes personal experiences and advice from experts in the fields of business success, relationships, health and fitness, spiritual and community relations, integrated into relevant chapters to strengthen and broaden the perspective and tools available for readers.
"People want contentment, love and happiness derived from meaningful work. They want nourishing personal relationships, a healthy mind and body, a spiritual core, and reason for living," says Tam. "But with only 24 hours in a day and all of the competing demands of modern life, the question is - how? Is it even possible?
The book guides readers in prioritizing their many roles so that they can feel fulfilled and balancEd. Readers will learn that it is not only how much they get done but also what they get done - removing any sense of guilt and shame and allowing them to live in balance, joy and inner peace with insight such as:
- How to shrug off impossible expectations
- Discover (or reconnect) with your life's purpose
- Allocate the proper amount of energy and attention to each aspect of your life to achieve Dynamic Balance
- Gratifying Personal and Interpersonal relationships
- A Healthy Mental and Physical Body
- A Spiritual/Personal core
- Overall perspective, inspiration, and support to help people achieve their dreams
- Insights from Tam and additional experts including, Joan Borysenko, Jack Canfield, BarbAra Marx Hubbard, Arielle Ford, Harville Hendrix, MJ Ryan and more
- Packed with personal stories and advice from Tam, celebrated entrepreneur and sought-after speaker and consultant, working globally with Fortune 500 companies, governments, and non-profit organizations
"I am the second daughter in a traditional Chinese family, and my birth was followed quickly by the birth of three younger brothers. To say that I was unwanted would be an understatement - my mother left me in the hospital and had to be called to pick me up. Rising from an abusive childhood, leaving Hong Kong as teen for university in the United State to becoming a global business leader and humanitarian, I've found the secrets to achieving a better life than I'd ever dreamed was possible - and you can too."