Midwest Book Festival Announces Headline Authors Set to Appear at April Event
New York Times best-selling authors Lisa Genova, Lisa Scottoline, Michael Perry and Richard Louv are the headliners set to appear at the 2013 Fox Cities Book Festival in Wisconsin this spring. These acclaimed authors will join dozens of others presenting their works at the sixth annual celebration of writing, reading and community conversation that will run April 17-24.
Genova is known for writing the award-winning "Still Alice," "Left Neglected" and the recent "Love Anthony." Scottoline is president of the Mystery Writers of America and has written 19 novels including her latest fiction title, "Come Home." Perry, a local favorite and returning Book Festival author, is a down-home storyteller and humorist from New Auburn, Wisconsin. He will be featured in a Book Talk event as well as an encore concert performance with his band, The Long Beds. Perry's newest release is "Visiting Tom." Richard Louv has been selected as the author for Fox Cities Reads, a community literacy initiative started by local public libraries and the University of Wisconsin-Fox Valley. Louv is one of the nation's foremost nature writers with his books, "Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder" and the more recent "The Nature Principle: Human Restoration and the End of Nature-Deficit Disorder."
In addition to these headliners, the 2013 Book Festival will showcase several authors whose writing represents a wide variety of styles and topics:
- Dean Bakopoulos, "Please Don't Come Back from the Moon" and "My American Unhappiness"
- James Campbell, "Talking at the Gates: A Life of James Baldwin" and "Syncopations: Beats, New Yorkers and Writers in the Dark"
- Brian Freeman, "Spilled Blood"
- Michael Lowenthal, "The Paternity Test" and "Charity Girl"
- Alison McGhee, "Shadow Baby" and "Someday"
- David McGlynn, "A Door in the Ocean"
- Laura Moriarty, "The Center of Everything," "The Rest of Her Life," "While I'm Falling" and "The Chaperone"
- MeLinda Myers, "Month-by-Month Gardening in Wisconsin"
- Stan Tekiela, "Birds of Wisconsin Field Guide"
Several popular youth and children's book authors will also be featured at the Book Festival: