Blackbaud Releases npEXPERTS: SHOW THE LOVE
Blackbaud (BLKB) today released npEXPERTS: Show the Love, a complimentary eBook featuring insight from 13 leading fundraising professionals on ways nonprofits can engage with their supporters to improve donor retention.
- Read the eBook: www.blackbaud.com/npexperts
"Retaining donors is the single most important thing a nonprofit can do to ensure its impact is felt for generations to come," said Frank Barry, Blackbaud's director of digital marketing, who contributed the foreword for the book. "In this edition of npEXPERTS, we've brought together 13 nonprofit experts to share their knowledge on keeping donors coming back year-after-year."
According to research conducted by Chuck Longfield, Blackbaud's chief scientist, nearly three out of four newly acquired donors leave within the first year, and the cost of acquiring a new donor is six to seven times more than it is to retain an existing donor.
npEXPERTS: Show the Love, the second in the npEXPERTS series, features guidance on leveraging email and social media; how to mobilize board members; tips for enhancing monthly giving programs and more. The authors have covered the most relevant topics for humanizing the donor experience, boosting retention rates and improving lifetime value.
Chapters in the eBook include:
- The Case for Donor Retention: Why Retaining Donors is the Single Most Important Piece of Your Long-Term Fundraising Strategy by Roger Craver, The Agitator
- Beat the Statistics by Falling in Love with Your Donors by Pamela Grow, GrowConsultingPA
- The Perfect Donor Retention Plan Starts with a Simple Calendar by Mazarine Treyz, Wild Woman Fundraising
- The Welcome Series: How to Bring Your New Donors Onboard the Right Way by Lisa Sargent, Lisa Sargent Communications
- It's All About the Stories You Tell by Vanessa Chase, Vanessa Chase & Co
- Five Steps to Newsletters that Keep Your Donors Close by Nancy Schwartz, Getting Attention
- Why Perfect Thank Yous Will Make or Break You by Claire Axelrad, Clairification
- Write On: Why Handwritten Notes Matter by Shanon Doolittle, Doogooder
- Engaging Your Board Members in the Retention Process by Simone P. Joyaux, Joyaux Associates
- Using Your Annual Report to Boost Donor Retention by Marc Koenig, Firespring
- Using Social Media to Keep Donors by Marc A. Pitman, The Fundraising Coach
- Branding by Raheel Gauba, Blackbaud
- Bring Them in for the Long Haul: Monthly Giving by Harvey McKinnon, Harvey McKinnon Associates
In addition, beginning in March authors of the eBook will participate in a free web seminar series focused on sharing best practices for boosting donor engagement, loyalty and retention.
Read the free eBook today at www.blackbaud.com/npexperts.