Record Store in Times Square/Theatre District Area?

Littleshopofcarrie
Featured Actor
Are there any stores that sell cheap broadway records in the Times Square/Theatre District area?
Phantom4ever
Featured Actor
I would try Book-Off on 45th Street, just east of 5th Avenue. I just bought the OBCR of Rent for 8 dollars from there. They also buy back unwanted cds and dvds.
Jordan Catalano
Broadway Legend
Other than that, try Barnes & Noble or Best Buy on 5th ave. Unless you want to spend a ridiculous amount of money and get them at the shop next to the St. James.
"I think Glee is way too sharp, smart, witty, clever and emotionally confronting for the masses." - Dave19 - "What's next? Snow Black and the 7 Swaggers? Shasquirta and the Beast? 101 Weavematians? Willis in Ghettoland?" - Dave19, in reference to the new ANNIE remake.
blaxx
Broadway Legend
Why? Why?!

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE
Mr Roxy
Broadway Legend
Downloading music killed it. Footlight hurt more.
Mary had a little lamb : The PC signature line.
perfectlymarvelous
Broadway Legend
I miss Virgin and Tower Records so much.
trentsketch
Broadway Legend
I used to spend hours in Virgin going from listening station to listening station every Tuesday when I was in school. Hours. Tower was even better with the scan music stations that sometimes gave you the full album instead of previews.

Then I switched to going to Colony and browsing sheet music for my pre-show entertainment needs when I moved out of the city.

Now I just hope my train isn't delayed and I make it in time for the curtain when I go to see a show.
amoni
Broadway Star
What's a record?
Demitri2
Broadway Star
What I miss the most is the Barnes and Noble that was across from Lincoln Center. Spent countless evenings after dinner there before a show or opera at the Met, Vivian Beaumont, Mitzi E. Newhouse, etc. And sometimes as an added treat if an artist had a new CD release they would actually perform selections live to a limited audience in a special room upstairs. And then there was a Tower Records store a block or so away to boot. I sure do miss those stores. They added a nice touch to attending events at Lincoln Center.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
What stands now, where the old Virgin Megastore was?
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy*****
Movidude742
Stand-by
disney store and a forever 21. maybe something else too, maybe a makeup place? MAC?