Featured Actor
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 12:56pm
Any ideas?
undercoveractor
Stand-by
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 02:21pm
Would FUN HOME work here? I haven't seen it, but I get the impression that an intimate theater is a necessity.
theatreguy
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 02:23pm
All the Way.
dreaming
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 02:24pm
Fun Home would most definitely not work in the Longacre. It's too big for it.

All The Way could work there I think.
Updated On: 11/9/13 at 02:24 PM
Broadwaystar2
Featured Actor
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 02:40pm
To small for Honey Moon in Vegas?
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 04:13pm
^^yes.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
Jonwo
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 04:18pm
Probably All the Way or The Realistic Joneses depending on what take The Golden.
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 05:54pm
Honeymoon won't be coming in unless Big Fish sinks. It's a big musical with a big cast and it's not easy to just throw that into a theater.

I could see either of the places mentioned.
FutureDirector
Chorus Member
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 06:23pm
Fun Home could work very well in the Golden! or possibly the Booth after glass menagerie.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/9/13 at 09:13pm
Fun Home really needs the booth.
RippedMan
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 12:05am
I could see Fun Home at something like the Kerr. It's a big house, sure, but to me it still feels intimate.
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 12:16am
I said on another thread that Helen Mirren's 'The Audience' may come over, but this would be more suited for the Golden, also as Broadway has fallen head over heels in love with Shakespeare again, it is entirely possible that the National Theatre of Great Britain production of Othello with Adrian Lester and Rory Kinnear is a strong canidatde to come over. Both productions and all 3 actors got flat out raves from Ben Brantley, when he was over.

Saying that Othello would need a big stage, which would rule out the Longacre!
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III***
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 12:47am
Othello is absolutely not coming over.
CapnHook
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 01:11am
I think ALL THE WAY starts in January, right? If so, it will take the Golden. Longacre may go to THE REALISTIC JONESES or MOTHERS & SONS.
"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle
Broadwaystar2
Featured Actor
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 11:48am
I have a feeling that whatever goes into the Longacre will be a musical. So many musicals trying to come in as well as plays. With more of the smaller theaters shows closing I feel like the plays might be put in those theaters. Just a thought.
jas1234
Understudy
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 10:48pm
Wouldn't Of Mice and Men work at the Longacre? Realistic Jones has a powerhouse cast with Toni Collette and Tracy Letts but wouldn't it work best in a smaller house. What is "Mothers and Sons" and "All the Way"?
broadwaybelter
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/10/13 at 11:16pm
What happened to KILLER JOE?
bwayfan4ever2
Chorus Member
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/11/13 at 01:18am
Allegiance most likely.
PlayItAgain
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/11/13 at 01:32am
Allegiance is never coming to Broadway, sorry but keep wishing.
jdrye222
Featured Actor
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/11/13 at 03:56pm
I don't think ALLEGIANCE is on anyone's short list for a theater to be honest. Maybe in a year with lots of theater availability but not now.

I love the LONGACRE... it is one of my favorite theaters, but I think it is just a tiny bit too big for a small play. It was perfect for BOEING BOEING.

I see a smaller musical coming in here.
ACL2006
Broadway Legend
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/11/13 at 11:02pm
I actually feel the Longacre would be perfect for the Dames At Sea revival.
A Chorus Line played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013.
bwayfan4ever2
Chorus Member
Next in the Longacre?
Posted: 11/14/13 at 11:58am
Allegiance Broadway ?@allegiancebway 12 Nov

Oh, we're coming... and we're excited about what we have to share. Our mini album is coming soon, too! http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1066428&dt=14&mobile=on