Comscore

Evita Closing Tonight

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 05:42pm
Evita plays its last performance tonight. I'm a little surprised it didn't do better even with Ricky Martin.

Alarmingly, this leaves only three productions from last season (I guess technically 4 if you count Spider-Man as being part of the 2012 season.)

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.
jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 05:44pm
Did it not recoup?
dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 05:48pm
I don't know if it recouped or not, but remember, they decided to close it because they couldn't book "names" to carry on. They could have gotten more wear on the run if they did.
If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:02pm
Recouping or not depended on sales of the last few weeks of the production as they were fairly close before that. I'm not sure how it panned out but regardless they either made very little or took a small loss.
Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.
bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:26pm
My best to the entire cast!
"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "
SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:41pm
Good night and thank-you whoever!
Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!
DEClarke Profile Photo
DEClarke
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:47pm
Break legs tonight. I hope to see each member of the cast on stage again. I loved this production!
Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:48pm
"Alarmingly"?
You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 06:54pm
Addison - someone can correct me if I'm wrong but that seems like a very small number and it's only January of the following year.

At the same time last year The Book of Mormon, War Horse, Sister Act, Anything Goes, How to Succeed, and Priscilla were all still running and would be for many more months.

I would say a lack of staying power rings some alarm bells.
Phantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 07:05pm
I will be in the audience tonight, so you can Christian Dior me, if you will.
2014 Theatre: Billy Elliot***** Meet Me In St Louis*** American Psycho**** Tell Me On A Sunday**** Jeeves and Wooster: Perfect Nonsense* Stephen Ward**** Charlie and the Chocolate factory*** Dirty Dancing** Stephen Sondheim's Puttin It Together*** Candide*** The Lion King***** The Book of Mormon****** Les Miserable***** Stephen Ward**** The Weir**** Fortune's Fool*** Spamalot*** Superior Doughnuts**** Seven Brides For Seven Brothers**** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Finans Rainbow**** The Commitments** Boeing Boeing*** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) The A-Z of Mrs P** Billy Elliot***** Wicked** Good People***** Urinetown***** Spamalot*** The Full Monty**** Other Desert Cities*** Ghosts*** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels***** It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Superman*** Stephen Ward**** King Lear**** A Taste Of Honey** Blithe Spirit**** From Here To Eternity**** Spamalot*** Fiddler On The Roof** (Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Relative Values**** Fatal Attraction*** Matilda***** 39 Steps**** Another Country** Handbagged** Two Into One*** The Beautiful Game***** Let The Right One In**** Once**** Privacy***** Home** Best of Friends** Avenue Q*** Good People***** Betty Blue Eyes*** (Tour: Salisbury Playhouse) I Can't Sing* A View From The Bridge***** Water Babies **** (Tour: Leicester Curve) Miss Saigon***** In The Heights*** The Testament of Mary*** This May Hurt A Bit*** The Last 5 Years* (Greenwich Theatre) All My Sons*** Happy Days** Dirty Rotten Scoundrels**** Bakersfield Mist**** Ushers** The Pajama Game*** Evita*** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford)Fings Ain't What They Used To Be**** Billy Elliot***** Titus Andronicus**** 1984*** Clarence Darrow**** Miss Saigon***** A Small Family Business*** Things We Do For Love**** Hobson's Choice*** Rock of Ages*** (Tour: Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Zanna, Don't!*** The Silver Tassie** Bring Up The Bodies** Forbidden Broadway**** Carousel**** Hotel*** The Crucible**** Annie Get Your Gun*** (Churchill Theatre, Bromley) Medea*** The Importance of Being Earnest*** The Pajama Game*** Skylight**** Pacific Overtures** The Invincibles*** Julius Ceasar*** Porgy and Bess**** Dessa Rose** Great Britain**** One Man, Two Guvnors**** (Tour: Orchard Theatre, Dartford) Dogfight** My Night With Reg*** Book of Mormon***** Richard III**** See Rock City** Guys and Dolls*** Wicked* Charlie and the Chocolate Factory*** The Apple Tree*** The Jersey Boys*** Miss Saigon***** Matilda***** A Streetcar Named Desire**** The Dreamling** The Play That Went Wrong*** The Phantom of the Opera**** Fully Committed*** Bedroom Farce**** (Salisbury Playhouse) Sweeney Todd**** King Charles III*** Here Lies Love**** The Vertical Hour**** Love Story***** Altar Boys*** Evita**** Next Fall***** Cat On A Hot Tin Roof***** (Tour: Royal Deansgate, Northampton) Memphis*** The Scottsboro Boys**** Shakespeare In Love* Neville's Island*** East Is East**** Evita**** Into The Woods*** Gypsy***** (Chichester) Billy Elliot***** Seminar*** Damn Yankees*** Teh Internet Is Serious Business***
Addison D. Profile Photo
Addison D.
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 07:06pm
I meant no criticism--just curious how you meant it. I wondered if you were expressing alarm at the short runs of last year's great shows or just the lack of great shows that opened last year.

To me, great shows closing too soon is alarming. Lousy shows closing quickly is healthy.
You think, what do you want? You think, make a decision...
Rainbowhigh23 Profile Photo
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 08:02pm
The final QUAL is tonight...
TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
Broadway Star
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 08:09pm
My best wishes to the cast and crew. It's a great show, but I can't say I enjoyed this revival in particular. I'm a huge Rachel Potter fan, that's the only reason I saw it 4 times. Nonetheless, I hope all these wonderful actors find work here on the Bway again soon.
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 08:12pm
I wish Rachel all the success in her solo music career. I saw her at Joe's Pub and she was fantastic. All the best to the cast and crew for a decent run.
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 10:05pm
QUAL no more...
Rainbowhigh23
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 10:10pm
So weird - it seems like yesterday that the second and third previews were cancelled because the deluge system mishap.
backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
Broadway Star
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/26/13 at 10:40pm
I absolutely loved this production-I saw 3 times!
http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com
broadwaydevil
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 05:34am
Addison - fair point.

Strange that it will probably be a VERY long time until Evita graces the Broadway stage again.
suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:10am

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 1/27/13 at 09:10 AM
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:13am
Don't QUAL for her, Argentina
Visceral_Fella Profile Photo
Visceral_Fella
Broadway Star
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:16am
It's a shame that this show won't be back for a while and that so many people didn't enjoy this revival. Almost seems like a waste, kind of disappointing.
suestorm Profile Photo
suestorm
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:19am
I loved Rachel too. Her song was the highlight. Its a shame...,perhaps is they had a lead who could sing it would've lasted longer.

FINDINGNAMO, SNAFU, THEATERDIVE, JORDANCATALONO, LIZASHEADBAND, PALJOEY: You all claim to "IGNORE ME" I wish you would and stop constantly commenting on my posts. Thanks ...................................................................................................................................... The MOST POPULAR and DANGEROUS Poster on BWW! Banned by the PTA, PTC and the MEANGIRLS of BWW..................................................................................................................... ...Ukraine Girls really knock me out, they leave the west behind..........................
Updated On: 1/27/13 at 09:19 AM
DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:36am
Besides Christin DeCicco, did any of the other women in the cast listed as understudies go on as Eva? I don't recall reading anything on here about any of them.
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Wynbish Profile Photo
Wynbish
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:38am
Jessica Lea Patty went on
wdwfreak Profile Photo
wdwfreak
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 09:39am
Every understudy went on except for Bradley Dean as Magaldi, John Cudia as Peron, and Brad Little as Peron.

Jessica Lea Patty went on about 6 times and Laurel Harris went on twice.
DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
Broadway Legend
Evita Closing Tonight
Posted: 1/27/13 at 10:02am
Thanks wdwfreak. Did you see either Jessica or Laurel? How were they?
Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

Page:

Advertisement