Comscore Page Not Found (BroadwayWorld.com)
Advertisement

Page Not Found

Vintage Jule Styne show Darling Of The Day at the Union Theatre in 2013

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Some more great musical theatre news for 2013! The Jule Styne/Yip Harburg/Nunnally Johnson musical DARLING OF THE DAY will be presented at the Union Theatre from March 20 to April 20. I've always loved the OBC album - some real gems amongst the score - so I'm really excited about getting a chance to finally see the show. (I missed Ian Marshall Fisher's concert staging in his Lost Musicals season in 2010.)

The original Broadway cast was headed by Vincent Price and Patricia Routledge (who won a Tony for her performance, sharing the award with Leslie Uggams in Hallelujah Baby - another Jule Styne show!). I'll be very interested to learn details of the casting for this production.

THEATRE 2015: The Mikado**** Women On The Verge Of A Nervous Breakdown***** The Grand Tour**** Charlotte Bradford: The Last 7 Years (cabaret)**** Bat Boy**** City Of Angels***** Assassins***** A Little Night Music***** Jesus Christ Superstar (tour,Cardiff)**** The Goodbye Girl**** Anything Goes (tour, Wimbledon)**** She Loves Me**** Whistle Down The Wind***** Live & Acoustic***** Charles Strouse (cabaret)***** The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole (Curve, Leicester)*****. Miss Saigon***** Spend,Spend, Spend**** Sweeney Todd (ENO)***** News Review**** Songs From The Playground**** Apartment 40C*****
Updated On: 1/2/13 at 05:10 PM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That quashes any chance of Chess extending.
FrontRowDress Profile PhotoFrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
It's official, I am an old fart. I loved this little period piece, even if it is a bit My Fair Lady-lite. Katy Secombe and James Dinsmore make a charming couple thrown together from either side of the middle classes. Poor old Rebecca Caine lost her voice but carried on regardless, miming along to her two solos sung offstage. Twee, yes, but totally heart-warming. Full bloggage at the link as per.
Darling of The Day

Save $$$ on Tickets to:
🔀ATLANTA SHOWS
All Shook Up
(Runs 4/25 - 4/28)
The Sound of Music
(Runs 4/30 - 5/2)
All Shook Up
(Runs 5/1 - 5/3)
Footloose
(Runs 4/30 - 5/3)
Curtains in AtlantaCurtains