Vintage Jule Styne show Darling Of The Day at the Union Theatre in 2013

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Some more great musical theatre news for 2013! The Jule Styne/Yip Harburg/Nunnally Johnson musical DARLING OF THE DAY will be presented at the Union Theatre from March 20 to April 20. I've always loved the OBC album - some real gems amongst the score - so I'm really excited about getting a chance to finally see the show. (I missed Ian Marshall Fisher's concert staging in his Lost Musicals season in 2010.)

The original Broadway cast was headed by Vincent Price and Patricia Routledge (who won a Tony for her performance, sharing the award with Leslie Uggams in Hallelujah Baby - another Jule Styne show!). I'll be very interested to learn details of the casting for this production.

THEATRE 2016: GREY GARDENS**** SHOWBOAT (Sheffield)***** PETER PAN GOES WRONG**** FEAR AND MISERY OF THE THIRD REICH**** FUNNY GIRL**** LEGALLY BLONDE**** A STEADY RAIN**** THE MEMORY SHOW***** THE KISSING DANCE**** ANDY CAPP**** MRS HENDERSON PRESENTS**** ROADSHOW**** BAR MITZVAH BOY**** FOUR PLAY**** BAD GIRLS**** WEST END SWITCHED OFF***** ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN (Cardiff)**** ONLY THE BRAVE (Cardiff)** MISS ATOMIC BOMB**** WILL BARRATT & FRIENDS (cabaret)**** THE WAR OF THE WORLDS*** PRINCESS CARABOO**** MR STRASSEN PRESENTS (concert)**** OUT OF THIS WORLD**** FOREVER PLAID**** STARTING HERE, STARTING NOW***** THE PAINKILLER**** THE COMEDY ABOUT A BANK ROBBERY**** FIDDLER ON THE ROOF (New York)**** SHUFFLE ALONG (New York)**** SHE LOVES ME (New York)***** MY PARIS (New Haven)**** THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM (New York)** DEAR EVAN HANSEN (New York)***** BRIGHT STAR (New York)**** TUCK EVERLASTING (New York)**** STRAIGHT (New York)**** AMERICAN PSYCHO (New York)****. WAITRESS (New York)***** CAGNEY (New York)*** ADAM GWON:THE NEW AMERICAN MUSICAL (concert, St. James Studio)**** THE GREAT AMERICAN TRAILER PARK MUSICAL**** LUCKY STIFF**** THE TOXIC AVENGER***** WEST END FEST (concert)**** SKY NEWS - THE MUSICAL**** SHOWBOAT***** FEMALE TRANSPORT (Swansea)**** THE RAILWAY CHILDREN**** BERNADETTE PETERS IN CONCERT*****. TITANIC***** THE ROCKY HORROR SHOW (Dartford, tour)**** THE THREEPENY OPERA**** THE GO BETWEEN***** I'M GETTING MY ACT TOGETHER**** THE FIX***** ALADDIN**** HALF A SIXPENCE***** BABES IN ARMS**** HOW THE OTHER HALF LOVES**** THE STRIPPER**** LIFTED(EdFringe)**** CONFESSIONS OF A JUSTIFIED SONGWRITER(EdFringe)*** I GOT SUPERPOWERS FOR MY BIRTHDAY(EdFringe)*** LOVE, LIES & TAXIDERMY(EdFringe)**** F**KING MEN (EdFringe)***** ADAM & EVE & STEVE(EdFringe)*** RED RIDING HOOD(EdFringe)**** TOMORROW MAYBE (EdFringe)**** ROSS LEADBEATER'S GREAT BRITISH SONGBOOK (EdFringe)**** THE CAT IN THE HAT(EdFringe)*** GARY BLAND: MR ROMANTIC (EdFringe)**** CHILDREN OF EDEN****
Updated On: 1/2/13 at 05:10 PM
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That quashes any chance of Chess extending.
FrontRowDress Profile PhotoFrontRowDress Profile Photo
FrontRowDress
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
It's official, I am an old fart. I loved this little period piece, even if it is a bit My Fair Lady-lite. Katy Secombe and James Dinsmore make a charming couple thrown together from either side of the middle classes. Poor old Rebecca Caine lost her voice but carried on regardless, miming along to her two solos sung offstage. Twee, yes, but totally heart-warming. Full bloggage at the link as per.
Darling of The Day

BROADWAYWORLD TV

The Threepenny Opera
7 Stages Theatre
(Runs 9/8 - 10/2)
The Bodyguard in AtlantaThe Bodyguard
Fox Theatre
(Runs 3/28 - 4/2)
A Dance With Death in AtlantaA Dance With Death
The Murder Mystery Company in Atlanta
(Runs 7/16 - 8/27)
The Threepenny Opera