CINDERELLA National Tour to Launch 10/10 in Rhode Island; First Wave of Dates Announced!
The producers of RODGERS + HAMMERSTEIN'S CINDERELLA, the 2013 Tony Award-winning Broadway musical from the creators of South Pacific and The Sound of Music, have announced the show's tour dates for the 2014-2015 season.
RODGERS + HAMMERSTEIN'S CINDERELLA will launch its national tour at the Providence Performing Arts Center in Providence, RI on October 10, 2014, and continue its run there through October 18 before heading to Tampa, FL. The 2014-15 tour dates currently extend through August 2015.
The current tour schedule is as follows:
- Providence, RI (Providence PAC) October 10-18, 2014
- Tampa, FL (Straz Center) October 21-26, 2014
- Miami, FL (Arsht Center) October 28-November 2, 2014
- Charlotte, NC (The Belk) November 4-9, 2014
- West Palm Beach, FL (Kravis Center) November 11-16, 2014
- Durham, NC (Durham PAC) November 18-23, 2014
- Philadelphia, PA (Academy of Music) November 25-30, 2014
- Buffalo, NY (Shea's PAC) December 2-7, 2014
- Rochester, NY (Auditorium Theatre) December 9-14, 2014
- Chicago, IL (Cadillac Palace) December 16, 2014-January 4, 2015
- Cincinnati, OH (The Aranoff) January 6-18, 2015
- St. Louis, MO (The Fabulous Fox) January 20-February 1, 2015
- Denver, CO (The Buell) February 3-15, 2015
- Portland, OR (Keller Auditorium) February 17-22, 2015
- Seattle, WA (The Paramount) February 24-March 1, 2015
- Tempe, AZ (ASU Gammage) March 10-15, 2015
- Los Angeles, CA (The Ahmanson) March 17-April 26, 2015
- Las Vegas, NV (The Smith Center) April 28-May 3, 2015
- San Diego, CA (Civic Center) May 5-10, 2015
- Sacramento, CA (Community Center Theatre) May 12-17, 2015
- Houston, TX (Hobby Center) May 26-June 7, 2015
- Des Moines, IA (Des Moines Civic Center) July 14-19, 2015
- Cleveland, OH (The Palace) July 21-August 2, 2015
- Greenville, SC (Peace Center) August 4-9, 2015
Additional cities will be announced at a later date.
With its fresh new take on the beloved tale of a young woman who is transformed from a chambermaid into a princess, this hilarious and romantic CINDERELLA combines the story's classic elements - glass slippers, pumpkin, and a beautiful ball along with some surprising twists. More than just a pretty face with the right shoe size, this Cinderella is a contemporary figure living in a fairytale setting. She is a spirited young woman with savvy and soul who doesn't let her rags or her gowns trip her up in her quest for kindness, compassion and forgiveness. She not only fights for her own dreams, but forces the prince to open his eyes to the world around him and realize his dreams too.
CINDERELLA has music by Richard Rodgers, lyrics by Oscar Hammerstein II, a new book by Douglas Carter Beane and original book by Oscar Hammerstein II. The musical is directed by Mark Brokaw and choreographed by Josh Rhodes. Music adaptation, supervision and arrangements are by David Chase and orchestrations are by Danny Troob.
One of Rodgers + Hammerstein's most popular titles, CINDERELLA was written for television -- debuting in 1957 starring Julie Andrews. In 2013 the show made its long-overdue Broadway debut. Along with CINDERELLA, Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein's legendary musicals include OKLAHOMA!, Carousel, The King and I, South Pacific and The Sound of Music.
Mr. Beane's book for CINDERELLA blends masterfully with the musical's cherished score with songs including "In My Own Little Corner," "Impossible/It's Possible," "Ten Minutes Ago" and "Do I Love You Because You're Beautiful?"
The creative team includes scenic design by Tony Award nominee Anna Louizos,costume design by six-time Tony Award-winner William Ivey Long, lighting design byTony Award-winnerKenneth Posnerand sound design by Tony Award nominee Nevin Steinberg.
The CINDERELLA tour is produced by Robyn Goodman, Jill Furman, Stephen Kocis, Edward Walson, Venetian Glass Productions, The Araca Group, Caiola Productions, Roy Furman, Peter May, Sanford Robertson, Eric Schmidt, James Spry and Blanket Fort Productions.
Photo Credit: Carol Rosegg