BWW Flashback: THE COLUMNIST Plays Final Show on Broadway
Manhattan Theatre Club's world premiere of THE COLUMNIST by Tony and Pulitzer Prize winner David Auburn, directed by Tony Award winner Daniel Sullivan, plays its final show today, July 8 at MTC's Samuel J. Friedman Theatre. The production will have played 86 regular performances and 23 previews upon its closing. Have a look below to revist the production in photos and video!
THE COLUMNIST was extended three times at MTC and received a 2012 Tony nomination for Best Actor in a Play for John Lithgow. Joining Lithgow in the production are Drama Desk Award nominee Margaret Colin, four-time Tony Award winner Boyd Gaines, Tony Award nominee Stephen Kunken, Marc Bonan (Broadway debut), Grace Gummer ("Smash," Arcadia), and Brian J. Smith (MTC's Come Back,Little Sheba; "Stargate Universe").
Columnists are kings in midcentury America and Joseph Alsop wears the crown. Joe is beloved, feared and courted in equal measure by the Washington political world at whose center he sits. But as the '60s dawn and America undergoes dizzying change, the intense political drama Joe is embroiled in becomes deeply personal as well.
For more information on MTC's exciting upcoming season, visit www.ManhattanTheatreClub.com.
Photo Credit: Joan Marcus
- A YEAR WITH FROG AND TOAD Plays During Spring Break at MST-Chelsea; Runs thru 4/5
- YouthQuake! Showcase Set for 3/13 at Don't Tell Mama
- LOVE VINTAGE LAS VEGAS STYLE Concert to Showcase Rat Pack-era Music with the Las Vegas Phil, 4/5
- Gary Lewis and The Playboys to Bring Hits from the '60s to the Suncoast Showroom, 4/5-6
- Independent Shakespeare Co. to Stage New Adaptation of ROMEO AND JULIET, 4/4-5/3
- BOARDWALK EMPIRE's Molly Ryan to Perform at the Iridium, 3/11
- Matt Baganz Wins Tennessee Williams/New Orleans Literary Festival's 2014 One-Act Play Contest
- EVIL DEAD THE MUSICAL Hosts Two Sunday Night Viewings of WALKING DEAD
- MTC to Present Bay Area Children's Theatre's LADYBUG GIRL AND BUMBLEBEE BOY, 5/24-6/8
- Deanna Jent's FALLING to Play Meadow Brook Theatre, 3/19-4/13