Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House

mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#1
Posted: 1/8/08 at 4:35am
It has been announced today that there will be a uk tour and revival at the birmingham rep of our housse! yey now what do we think ?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 8:54am
Ohhhhhh fab, have you got a link
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#2
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:01am
As much as i love this show and would love to see it done again on stage (i will go to Brum yes!) i can't see this going further than the Birmingham season. We were told of this in November and i thought nothing of it as it probably will just play the Rep Theatre season. What is the link and where did it say it was playing after Birmingham?? I love this show.
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#3
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:17am
i did hear ages ago and posted on here that it was supposed to be touring so you never know it might do.

I can see it doing a Fame and Footloose and doing a week in each venue, it would be great to have it back
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#4
Posted: 1/8/08 at 10:30am
If the show doesn't tour, I'm making a special trip up to Birmingham to see it. Easily the best of the jukebox musicals!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

mattie29 Profile Photomattie29 Profile Photo
mattie29
Stand-by
Stand-by
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#6
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:37pm
I LOVED Our House. I was forced to see it when it was around 4 year ago, and I fell head over heels for it, so sad to see it close. I bought the DVD and even bought a separate player to watch it here in the States. So good to see it has a life still.

Hey what ever happened to that Michael Jibson?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#7
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:49pm
He did a musical version of the classic British 1950s movie called 'Brighton Rock'. It had a very successful limited season at the famous Kings Head pub theatre in London. It was mooted for a West End transfer by Bill Kenwright but it never happened. Sadly it wasnt put on CD. Not sure what else he's done but what a talented guy!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 1/8/08 at 07:49 PM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#8
Posted: 1/8/08 at 7:52pm
Hes not done much unfortunately

He was in the film Flyboys,English Goodbye and the Bank Job (all very small films, flyboys been the biggest)

He was in 1 episode of casualty and hes done theatre shows such as The Canterbury tales at the RSC and Brighton Rock
everythingtaboo Profile Photoeverythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#9
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:01pm
That is unfortunate, he was such a find! I really hoped we would see more of him.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#10
Posted: 1/8/08 at 9:08pm
yeah me to, he has AMAZING stage presence, he blew me away when i watched it
musicalfan07 Profile Photomusicalfan07 Profile Photo
musicalfan07
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#11
Posted: 1/12/08 at 6:11pm
This is GREAT news! I love the DVD, and would love to see it live (if it comes to West Yorkshire.) As for Michael Jibson, I really enjoy his performance on the Take Flight CD.
Jibbfann
Swing
Swing
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#12
Posted: 1/12/08 at 6:36pm
I had to especialy subscribe to this board to reply to this topic as I am a big Michael Jibson fan, and I love "Our House". It is so brilliant that is coming back.

I wouldn't really say that Michael jibson hasn't done much. He has just been nominated for a whatsonestage award for "Take Flight" at the Chocolate factory - he was really good and very different from Joe Casey.

The Bank Job is going to be a pretty massive new british film and it comes out in february in the uk. He is on the trailer. I think he is quite a good part in it.
He seems to be doing pretty much everything an actor can do. Touring in big plays with the RSC and doing 4 films. Hopefully another musical will come along soon. His profile is on imdb.

Wonder who will play it this time? Hope it comes back to london as well.

Nice to be on the board and hello everyone.

tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#13
Posted: 1/13/08 at 7:31am
ok so tom wakes up after his little holiday and checks the board. i see this. and i get very exited already. tickets now booked!!!!

Im so happy this is back!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
SamuelJHextall Profile PhotoSamuelJHextall Profile Photo
SamuelJHextall
Swing
Swing
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#14
Posted: 1/13/08 at 2:30pm
i love our house i saw it when it was in london its awesome!!!!!!!!
~But The songs are so happy!~ - Little Sally
TheatreBuzz2
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#15
Posted: 1/13/08 at 9:43pm
loved our house. such a shame it never lasted longer
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#16
Posted: 2/10/08 at 7:19am
I see that the fabulous Steve Brookstein is featured in this show. Does anyone know where it will go after Birmingham or how to find out? I have heard it is not to be missed as far as energy is concerned plus those old favourite songs of course.
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#17
Posted: 2/10/08 at 7:19am
I see that the fabulous Steve Brookstein is featured in this show. Does anyone know where it will go after Birmingham or how to find out? I have heard it is not to be missed as far as energy is concerned plus those old favourite songs of course.
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#18
Posted: 2/11/08 at 7:48pm
http://www.heartfm.co.uk/heart-news-extra-1510

Scroll down to the steve brookstein interview and have a listen. someone please tell me why that idiot got the job when there's SO many more well suited people to that role. and he so clearly knew the show and everything about it during this interview didn't he. god its annoying.
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#19
Posted: 2/12/08 at 7:42am
Oh for crying out loud, this guy is a prat
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#20
Posted: 2/12/08 at 7:51am
Who he????
andymacca Profile Photoandymacca Profile Photo
andymacca
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#21
Posted: 2/12/08 at 8:49am
Is he not the guy who won XFactor a few years back? I think he did a Phil Collins cover when he won but then just disappeared.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#22
Posted: 2/12/08 at 8:55am
ah i know him now.
One hit wonder. Had to cancel 17 dates out of a 28 date tour as theatres were selling around 50 seats each night. I remember one theate he turned up at and didnt know they had canceled him as they sold 11 seats! Birmingham Rep has probably got him very cheap.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#23
Posted: 2/12/08 at 9:25am
I think he probably paid them to be in the show lol
whiterabbit3
Swing
Swing
re: Uk Revival And Uk Tour Of Our House#24
Posted: 2/12/08 at 1:15pm
I am sorry but you have your facts wrong. I was at several of the dates on that tour and they were very well attended. There were I believe three dates cancelled from the end of the tour in very far flung locations. I did read the articles you no doubt refer to and although full of inaccuracies, it is true one or two venues were sparse but then I feel booking those particular venues were mistakes on his management's part in the first place.
Whether he is your cup of tea or not he has an indisputably fine voice and I think he will be an asset to the show. If you look at the bookings on the first night there aren't many seats left and many of those will be the result of the press release of his appearance. He was not a 'reality show' product but a long-time musician long before he took part in the XFactor.
Anyway, far off topic, so can anyone answer my question as to where I can find out other dates and locations for the tour please

Page: 1