Page: 1

What west end shows are to tour the UK next year?

sam31
Stand-by
Stand-by
What west End shows are to tour the UK next year and come to a theatre in the South East of England from April on-wards?
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It all seems to be pretty quiet on the touring front which is disappointing for next year

We know that
Mary Poppins
Witches Of Eastwick
Wedding Singer
Joseph
Shout
We Will Rock You
Rat Pack
Bad Girls
3 musketeers
Fiddler
High School Musical
Sinatra
Oh What A Night

but im sure loads more will be announced
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
alterego Profile Photoalterego Profile Photo
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
SHOUT! is this the show with the music of the sixties girl singers, Cilla, Petula,Sandy, Dusty and Lulu?
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yea, the Off Broadway album is great. Its already been done n the West End at the Jermyn Street theatre. Is it the same show you had in Oz a few years ago? -i keet meaning to buy the CD (red cover?) when i saw it so ive recently been wondering if its the same 'Shout'?
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
No it is a different show. The Australian show -SHOUT! is about a local 50's-60's rocker called Johnny O'Keefe who had a big hit with the song Shout! hence the title. A revival of SHOUT! is about to open in a weeks time here in Melbourne. It toured state capitals and also did a tent tour about 8 years ago. The star of the original (who is on the CD) is David Campbell, who has done some work (Off Broadway and Encores!) in NY.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
UK Touring Production of shout from the palace theatre website Manchester

Join four fabulous girls as they grow up during the liberating days of the Swinging Sixties in London. Immerse yourself in the fashion, freedom and fun of the period on a non-stop journey through the infectious and soulful pop anthems that made household names of stars like Petula Clark, Cilla Black, Lulu and Dusty Springfield. Featuring an amazing catalogue of the Sixties' hottest hits including Downtown, Son of a Preacher Man, These Boots are Made for Walking, You Donít Have to Say You Love Me and Georgy Girl this show will make you want to throw your head back and Shout
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yes, it's the show I thought it was (Off Broadway) only they used to have 5 girls, so they have lost one.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Isn't Little Shop supposed to be touring next year too?

And also touring (some of which are continuing from last year) -
Cats
Buddy
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Dancing in the Streets
Half a Sixpence
Equus
Hello Dolly
Blood Brothers
Dr Dolittle
South Pacific
Aspects of Love
Starlight Express
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
HELLO, DOLLY! who is starring as Dolly?
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Anita Dobson is Dolly.

Seems a good choice.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Little Shop canceled its tour for some reason grrr
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Oh.. re: What west end shows are to tour the UK next year?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Has it pulled all dates because we have 2 clients in it and we havent had any notification (as yet anyway) of the tour being cancelled! 3 theatres pulled it not long after the tour was first booked back in the summer due to contactual problems but that didnt effect the rest of the tour then. Interesting as its advances have been good at most theatres with so much time ahead!
I will be back in the office Weds and will confirm if poss either way!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 12/31/07 at 10:59 AM
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Oh i dont know, i just heard that the theatres it was booking in to were all told it was no longer touring

Oh find out for us wicked xxxxxxxxx
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope so because this is this one show i really want to see next year. Anita Dobson is one of the UKs hidden treasures. To 90% of the population she is Angie in Eastenders but to myself and others she is an accomplished actress both in straight plays and musicals with many West End shows under her belt. She is at the perfect age to do justice to Dolly. The last time the UK had a big production of 'Hello Dolly' was with Danny La Rue as Dolly in 83- as much as i adore Danny the least said about his Dolly the better. Fingers crossed as it looked like a decent production.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Have tickets to see Anita Dobson in Hello Dolly at the lowry
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
So what was cancelled SADM2, Manchester's season at the Palace or Opera House???

songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
actually it was the lowry (grrrrrrrrrrrrr)
alterego
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I remember Anita Dobson from Eastenders. Didn't she do THOROUGHLY MODERN MILLIE too?
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The perfect Mrs Meers! yes!

Updated On: 1/1/08 at 09:45 PM