Page: 1

Judi's Back!

WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Judi's Back!#1
Posted: 11/1/07 at 8:24pm
Great news! Dame Judi Dench is to make a return to the West End next year. She's doing a play called 'Madame De Sade'. Its being presented at the Wyndams Theatre as part of the 'Donmar In The West End' season. Its always great to see her on live on stage. Im just relieved that they decided not to bring the dreadful 'Merry Wives-The Musical' in from Stratford that she did over last Christmas. It was toe curlingly bad. I think they abandoned the plan of a West End run because it could have been another 'Carrie', maybe!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Judi's Back!#2
Posted: 11/2/07 at 5:48am
Great news, but it opens first half of 2009, not 2008.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Judi's Back!#2
Posted: 11/2/07 at 6:13am
Of course it wouldnt be 2008 would it!
I do apoligise!

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Updated On: 11/2/07 at 06:13 AM
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Judi's Back!#3
Posted: 11/3/07 at 8:49pm
Hey, I enjoyed Merry Wives! I didn't think it was THAT bad.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Judi's Back!#4
Posted: 11/3/07 at 9:06pm
It just seemed a little under rehearsed thats all, mind you they lost Des Barritt at the last post so may be that threw them a little. It looked like a very cheap provincial pantomime fom the 60s! It did have some good points. Judi was brilliantly funny and i always love Haydn Gwyns performances. Not a great lover of Simon callow. Also im not a lover of Shakspeare - full stop.
Hope you got the CD because they were very limited in release.
Updated On: 11/3/07 at 09:06 PM