Page: 1

Liza's back!

Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Liza's back!#1
Posted: 10/31/07 at 1:44pm
Liza Minneli uk tour 2008 next May/ June. London, Manchester, Birmingham, Glasgow. yippee!!! Another Diva to tick off my list :)

Tickets on sale tomorrow morning.
Updated On: 10/31/07 at 01:44 PM
WickedBoy2 Profile PhotoWickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#2
Posted: 10/31/07 at 2:00pm
London Coliseum on May 25th and 27th! Tickets on sale not just yet!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#2
Posted: 10/31/07 at 2:43pm
can she even stand up anymore lol
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#3
Posted: 10/31/07 at 3:17pm
No, its a wheelchair and an optic bar!
A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Liza's back!#4
Posted: 10/31/07 at 3:59pm
oh aren't we all just so witty! :O
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#5
Posted: 11/1/07 at 6:53am
I sincerely hope she's got things back on track, because she is an immense talent. Just go back to 'Liza with a Z' to see a performer of immense charm and ability!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#6
Posted: 11/1/07 at 7:05am
At the Albert Hall 5 years ago with 'Liza's Back' she was simply sensational. If she can get anywhere near those performances next year she will be worth every penny. The London dates are being sold thru SEE tickets but they arent yet up on the site.
Lorna Luft is touring next year also, aswell as being in 'White Christmas' in Cardiff this Christmas.
Updated On: 11/1/07 at 07:05 AM
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: Liza's back!#7
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:39am
Not seen her live(yet, but got my front row seats for manchester next year) but the concert films i've seen particularly liza with a z are amazing, she's been doing a fair few dates around the usa and europe the last couple of years so i reckon she must be in decent shape at the moment, the reviews i've found for those shows are good too.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#8
Posted: 11/1/07 at 10:51am
Dear old Liza May! Cant wait to see her again.
Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Liza's back!#9
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:39pm
One to avoid then. She was brilliant "in her day" but the last several years she has become a grotesque parody of herself. Her vocals are dire to begin with...rough does not even begin to cover it. Yes she had has a lot of heartache in her life (who hasn't) but that is no excuse to wheel herself out and expect people to pay to see her when she is not up to it.

Her vocal poorness in itself would not be an issue were it not for that determination to make as much money out of her tours/concerts. If she were up to it then great but she is not although her devoted fans would, I am sure, forgive her inability as a performer nowadays.

That said, when she is simply talking to an audience about her career and her life she is magnificent. It is just when she tries to sing and recapture her lost brilliance that is all becomes tragic. Almost pathetic.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#10
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:56pm
i agree with parsly 100 percent

Her vocals are awful now

Get an old dvd of one of her concerts
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#11
Posted: 11/1/07 at 12:59pm
Liza at Radio City!

Parsley
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Liza's back!#12
Posted: 11/1/07 at 1:07pm
Liza at 90!!
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#13
Posted: 11/1/07 at 2:45pm
Just because her voice doesn't have the power of her early years doesn't prevent her from being a magnetic performer.
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#14
Posted: 11/1/07 at 2:56pm
Which she is!
I remember seeing her do a midnight perfrmance at the Albert Hall back in the mid 80s. The place was sold out and she did a 2hr full show and the place almost fell apart. The amazing thing was that the show started at 12 midnight and just 90mins earlier she had finsished a 3hr show, again at the Albert Hall with Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jnr on thier world tour of the Rat Pack concerts. I walked into the Albert Hall that night at 7pm and left at 2.30am. A brilliant, once in a lifetime experience.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#15
Posted: 11/1/07 at 7:48pm
Yeah she might not have the voice she had BUT Im just happy that I will be able to see a legend live! And also, she might have lost her voice, but her charisma is just overwhelming! and aint she so cute to look at??
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
Bruce Memblagh!
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Liza's back!#16
Posted: 11/2/07 at 3:18pm
Hardly cute. It is hard to tell which bits still belong to her and of those that do, which part of her anatomy they originated from. Still such is vanity.

But she is a truly great icon and although she is not a good singer by an means now she has great pulling power (ahem - and not in terms of her husbands). The gay scene in London will be a quiet place those nights!!!
WickedBoy2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Liza's back!#17
Posted: 11/4/07 at 7:21am
These new concerts shoud be interesting because they are her first in the UK since she lost two of her greatest artistic influences. Her long time friends, Bill Lavorgna and Fred Ebb have past away in the last few years. Fred Ebb wrote and sometimes directed nearly every show she 's done since the 70's.
The reviews for the European tours have been very positive. I was looking at her website and was stunned by how busy a lady our Liza is! She seems to be constantly on the road. Im very much ooking forward to seeing her at the Coliseum.
Would be great if it was put on DVD (The Coli looks great on film!) because there were problems putting 'Liza's Back' on disc.