Dirty Dancing question

MimiJudith Profile PhotoMimiJudith Profile Photo
MimiJudith
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Dirty Dancing question#1
Posted: 7/5/07 at 9:05am
Has anyone seen the London production of "Dirty Dancing?"

I was in London two weeks ago and wanted to see this show, but I was not sure how it would be and I chickened out from buying tickets.
Jade Profile PhotoJade Profile Photo
Jade
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Dirty Dancing question#2
Posted: 7/5/07 at 2:41pm
I saw it. It's not particularly original - from what I could tell, it seemed to consist entirely of the best bits from the film. Nothing was new or changed. There's also not a whole lot of singing.

Having said that, it is a really fun show and the dancing is amazing.
MimiJudith
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Dirty Dancing question#2
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:03am
Sounds like fun. Maybe it'll come to Broadway, although I doubt it since it probably would have been there by now.

I would love to see if the London production changes "Nobody puts Baby in a corner" to "Nobody places Baby in an alcove."
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dirty Dancing question#3
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:13am
Its average at best im afraid, they have just put the film on stage and not really added anything new (in other words its pointless , you may as well just buy the Dvd)

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
MimiJudith
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Dirty Dancing question#4
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:41am
Okay, so I'm glad I didn't get the tickets. I thought it might be fun to see a silly show, but the movie is so good (I know, and very cheesy) that it is pointless to see it on stage. I guess it would have been worth seeing if Patrick Swayze starred.

It's just that I was in London on a weekend and I was surprised to see that they were not playing on Sunday, as shows do in New York. And the Saturday night show was sold out.

So no loss anyway. Thank you for your responses!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dirty Dancing question#5
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:47am
Yeah, theatres are mostly dark on Sundays over here, as they are mostly dark on Mondays over there. We still have that whole "day of rest" thing hanging over us that makes it less practical to treat Sundays as a normal day (the shop I work in is only allowed to be open for six hours on a Sunday, for example, thanks to ze law ^_^). Although things are slowly shifting, as you now get some Monday shows on Broadway and some Sunday shows in the West End. Think it's mostly 'The Lion King' here, although I believe 'Blue Man Group' was a Sunday show too.
Updated On: 7/6/07 at 08:47 AM
Wicked63
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Dirty Dancing question#6
Posted: 7/6/07 at 8:55am
Unions Unions Unions im always fighting unions! The National has been in negotiation withh the unions for awhile now to open on Sundays. Awhile means nearly 2 years.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Dirty Dancing question#7
Posted: 7/6/07 at 9:37am
God no i liked the fact i had sundays off when i was working in shows down there
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna