Page: 1

ANY IDEA WHATS GOING IN TO THE ADELPHI NEXT

songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
With Evita bowing out of London in may it leaves a theatre open

Any idea whats going in there(fingers crossed for Rent)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
Truly Scrumptious Profile PhotoTruly Scrumptious Profile Photo
Truly Scrumptious
Swing
Swing
The rumour is that it's going to be Joseph, which apparently opens in July...
Justin D Profile PhotoJustin D Profile Photo
Justin D
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I just dont get it, hey i love Joseph and all, but it was just there! can it fill the adelphi?
I guess that is what happens when you a theatre, lol.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27199361@N08/ Phantom at the Royal Empire Theatre
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
yeh its definatly joseph. ugh. and it will sell because its another one of those awful bbc programs. Any Dream Will Do? ugh! vile. but apprently jersey boys will be coming there 6 months after that. but i think thats rubbish.
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Watch this space!

Andrew Lloyd Webber hasn't closed this yet, or confirmed it. The current position is that they have reduced the current booking period to 26th May, not we are closing this on 26th May.

Is this a back track from the original plan yesterday I wonder?
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
i was in the auditorium setting up when Andre - one of the producers of Evita and Cheif Exec of RUT told the cast, crew and front of house at 6:45 on tuesday night. So it is definatly closing and joesph is 90% confirmed to move in.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Why Joseph? I just don't understand! Can't they have Jersey Boys or better still - HAIRSPRAY!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
HAIRSPRAY!!!!!!!HAIRSPRAY!!!!!!!
purpleprince101 Profile Photopurpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It will probally be Joseph. Hairspray is another good choice, but not the best. The cambridge is a better choice but that isn't happening anytime soon.
bill73
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I saw Hairspray last month - was a great show - just don't understand why it hasn't come over here yet... Anyone know anything?
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hairspray is set to open sept/oct according to one of the band who have been sked to do it.

Im so annoyed about joseph, My friend worked front of house the last time it was in london and said that it hardly ever got past 60 percent sales and some nights was almost empty grrrrrrrr
neddyfrank2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Didn't Joseph just close last year?
Marcus2
Understudy
Understudy
I would love to see Hairspray in there but I'm sure Joseph or some other stupid production will go in there. Would love rent to go in there also.

Isn't Joseph on tour?!?!?! Its listed at the Wycombe Swan.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yeah its just been to manchester opera house
widgetsparky
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
there are two versions of joseph - RUG joseph and Bill Kenwrighte's version. same mucial just different productions. we will get the RUG one.
Allentown2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hairspray is opening at the Shaftesbury this fall, via PLAYBILL.com
frazzlemonkey
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Not sure I can see Joseph lasting if I'm honest, and if it does, chances are it'll be due to the tv show hype...sound of music worked because it was a revival of a show that hasn't been in the west end or on tour for a good few years...joseph on the otherhand...
JustJakUK Profile PhotoJustJakUK Profile Photo
JustJakUK
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Iíve no doubt it will succeed and fill the Adelphi for a good few years. The 1992 RUG Palladium production staring Jason Donovan and then Pip Schofield filled the London Palladium (which is considerably larger than the Adelphi) and sold out for a good few years. It went on to do a VERY successful tour finally closing about 6 years after that production originally opened in London. The Kenwright production (created in the year dot with virtually no production values) then went back out on tour. It also did a brief 1 and a half year stint in town where the cast were worked like dogs sometimes doing 3 shows a day as they did on tour. When it closed in town Kenwright yet again put it back on tour, eventually being forced off about 6 weeks or 2 months ago due to the new RUG ďMariaĒ style production. Joseph is by far the most popular Lloyd Webber show. Itís a reliable ďbrandĒ and the mere fact that itís been running and running in different incarnations for years is testament to that fact. Having known people in both productions Iím told itís a fun show to do. Lloyd Webber knows exactly what heís doing by putting it in the Adelphi with 800 seats less than the Palladium
tommyslim Profile Phototommyslim Profile Photo
tommyslim
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
lets face it, wherever joseph goes its going to be a massive success. just for the simple fact its going to be on bbc1. look at the sound of music. how big is that! and lloyd webber won't do anything that won't make him a packet!
"Lateness is a choice" - Sir Trevor Nunn
turquoisefish Profile Phototurquoisefish Profile Photo
turquoisefish
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I believe it was a slightly different Kenwright Joseph that toured, the set was smaller with less special effects (yes it was possible).
The point about Joseph in my opinion is that it is a fun show, i am fine with paying a cheap price for the cheap Kenwright tour and i still have amazing memories of Philip Schofield being Joseph at The Mayflower so many years ago on the tour of the palladium version.
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The joseph what has just being to manchester didnt do very well

and the last london stint was playing to about 150 a night(a friend worked FOH there) he said sometimes they were less than 100 people in.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
ANY IDEA WHATS GOING IN TO THE ADELPHI NEXT#21
Posted: 3/15/07 at 11:19am
Yeah but its based on the palladium version that is going into the Adelphi so its a different class of production