Page: 1

Ugly Betty

nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Ugly Betty#1
Posted: 2/3/07 at 1:27pm
I think that Ugly Betty has the right blend of Melodrama, Romance and comedy to be a perfect candidate for musicalisation.... Any thoughts?
murron Profile Photomurron Profile Photo
murron
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Ugly Betty#2
Posted: 2/3/07 at 4:55pm
Oh God no. No more dull musicals based on dull stories, pretty please
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ugly Betty#2
Posted: 2/4/07 at 10:27am
i would hardly call it a dull story,its one of the best comedys in years(hence all its awards)
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna
murron Profile Photomurron Profile Photo
murron
Stand-by
Stand-by
re: Ugly Betty#3
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:03am
I remember Titanic receiving tons of Oscars as well.. :)
In my view, Ugly Betty is dull as hell - same category as Legally blonde, whic has been transformed into a musical to my disliking. But then again, different tastes.
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Ugly Betty#4
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:18am
God no, the programme has to be one of the most over rated and dull shows from the US in a long time, really not that funny. Its one joke spread over a series. The Devil Wears Prada is a better option if we HAVE to have yet another screen to stage musical.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ugly Betty#5
Posted: 2/4/07 at 11:40am
I love Ugly Betty. It's more than just one joke, it's surprisingly warm and touching in places, and they've gone SO overmelodramatic and stupid recently that it's just FUNNY. But agreed, let's NOT musicalise it. Let's have something original! If that's even possible anymore!
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
re: Ugly Betty#6
Posted: 2/4/07 at 12:40pm
think it would be a really bad move to make this into a musical, but i absolutly love this show! its fab! so much better then the other "big" stuff to come over last year...namely Entourage.
mmm how about LOST the musical...lol no maybe not!
TWSFan4Ever Profile PhotoTWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Ugly Betty#7
Posted: 2/4/07 at 8:04pm
I wouldn't mind an "UGLY BETTY: THE MUSICAL", as long as some cast members from the show can be in it, namely Becki Newton (Amanda), Michael Urie (Marc) and Vanessa Williams (Wilhemina) re: Ugly Betty
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Ugly Betty#9
Posted: 2/5/07 at 8:43am
Why do we have to sit here wasting time thinking of things in other genres that should be turned into a musical?!

And why is it always cheap American crap that we all think should be given the "Show-Tune" treatment... There's plenty of crap in UK TV to think about - GMTV the Musical? The Six O'Clock News The Musical... and why the obsession with turning TV and films into musicals???

Why can't we come up with ideas for a NEW musical that isn't based on something else like a cheapo TV series... (and for the money I quite like Ugly Betty - its not the best thing in the world, but I like the actors and the story is sweet and it requires no thought to watch it).

Ugly Betty is just a Cinderella/Ugly Duckling story nothing more...

Jwaa
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
re: Ugly Betty#10
Posted: 2/6/07 at 6:41pm
i agree with NS....if your gonna do one on that theme it would probs be better to do, the devil wears prada....even still....some originaity wouldnt hurt
xx