Page: 1

Follies in Concert - Feb 4th

Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#1
Posted: 12/30/06 at 3:54pm
Anyone else going? I just whacked my money where my obsession is and forked out an absolute mint for a marvellous seat in the Royal Circle, and access to the after-show party. I must be absolutely MAD, but I guess it's for a good cause, and it's certainly not something I can afford to do too often, so eh. ^_^ Looking forward to it! But really really really hoping to find someone else who's also bought the expensive tickets, so maybe we could meet up and I don't have to be a total sad loner on my own. XD
All_For_Laura Profile PhotoAll_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#2
Posted: 12/30/06 at 9:08pm
I wish I could see it! I'll be in London literally 2 weeks after the event.
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
West End Whinger Profile PhotoWest End Whinger Profile Photo
West End Whinger
Swing
Swing
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#2
Posted: 12/31/06 at 5:32pm
The West End Whingers will be there, drink in hand and pencils at the ready. But if Elaine Stritch, Maria Friedman, Liliane Montevicchi, or Imelda Staunton, there will be tears before bedtime. Charity or no charity.

http://westendwhingers.wordpress.com
Now get me a drink.
jennykett89 Profile Photojennykett89 Profile Photo
jennykett89
Understudy
Understudy
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#3
Posted: 1/16/07 at 7:32pm
I'm going to be going!

Just bought my tickets tonight. I'm so excited!
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#4
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:01am
This Sunday! I'm incredibly excited, how about the other... what is it, three of you who are going? XD

http://www.flickr.com/photos/fuunsaiki/ has some pics of me, and I'll be wearing a red dress. If you see me, say hi! I'll appreciate someone to talk to, even though I'm more than used to going to the theatre alone. :3
Eastwickian Profile PhotoEastwickian Profile Photo
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#5
Posted: 2/2/07 at 9:36am
Just bought my ticket as well - cheap seat in the Upper Circle for me though...

Have not planned outfit yet re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

TejanoAngel Profile PhotoTejanoAngel Profile Photo
TejanoAngel
Swing
Swing
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#6
Posted: 2/2/07 at 11:19am
I'll be there too at the show itself, the after show party tickets were out of the question. Would love to hear all about it though! :)
West End Whinger
Swing
Swing
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#7
Posted: 2/3/07 at 5:30am
We've no idea what we're going to be wearing at all. Our only confident predictions are that we will be drinking before and after the show. And probably in the interval too.
Now get me a drink.
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#8
Posted: 2/4/07 at 8:01pm
How was it?!?!? I want details!
...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...
West End Whinger
Swing
Swing
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#9
Posted: 2/6/07 at 4:12am
It was pretty good actually in spite of the absence of Ms Stritch (grr). We were surprised it was so fully staged - costumes and choreography and everything. Great fun.
Read our review of Follies in Concert here
Now get me a drink.
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#10
Posted: 2/8/07 at 8:28am
Loved it - wasn't expecting so full a staging from a charity concert (props, a limited 'set' etc). Despite some very minor gripes about the actual staging (why were there men in the Mirror number?) it was a wonderful one-off show. All the leads were excellent, and the show piece songs were all performed with gusto by 'the stars' - especially Kim Criswell's 'I'm still here'.

Also, major credit the fantastic 35 piece orchestra who sounded amazing!

"Murder is a very British thing, isn't it? I mean, it's almost like a hobby over there."
"Why do you insist you must hear the words? When you know I cannot give you words. Not the ones you need..."

kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#11
Posted: 2/8/07 at 8:33am
Kim Criswell really brought down the house, didn't she? That was simply outstanding. I loved Imelda Stauntion's Broadway Baby, and her New York accent was perfect! Wonderful evening.
All_For_Laura
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#12
Posted: 2/8/07 at 4:46pm
Was Maria perfect? I think she would just emulate Sally.
kec Profile Photokec Profile Photo
kec
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#13
Posted: 2/9/07 at 2:25am
I thought Maria was excellent. Her "Losing My Mind" was wonderful.
Eastwickian
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#14
Posted: 2/9/07 at 3:53am
I thought that her vocals were excellent - I was less convinced by her as a character, but a) this was a concert, and b) if she were to do the role, she would grow into it. I don't suppose that there's a chance her sister wants to mount a production based on the concert and cast Maria? re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile PhotoInfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: Follies in Concert - Feb 4th#15
Posted: 2/10/07 at 5:28pm
Kim Criswell and Maria Friedman were both PERFECTION in my opinion. I really really enjoyed it!
[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.