The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread

PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread#1
Posted: 12/14/06 at 4:14am
Since (almost) everybody fall in love with the fantastsic show AVENUE Q and the great, great ensemble I think it's about time to open a thread like this. And yes it's time for celebrating the fantastic and talented Clare Foster who robbed our hearts with her performance in the show and on the "Royal Variety Performance".
So, who will join me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUQjTbemmG4
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Im with you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! The cast are amazing, they just gell SO well. Clare Foster is very good, but to me if I had to pick two favs it would be Julia Atherton and Jon Robyns. I just hope this show doesnt close as it really would be a loss. In fact its so tempting to go to stage door next time I see it!
LondonTheatreUK Profile PhotoLondonTheatreUK Profile Photo
LondonTheatreUK
Stand-by
Stand-by
Count me in. Saw it last night and loved it! Particularly Lucy...
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
Hey that's great re: The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread
Yes I have to agree NS, Julie and Jon are both fantastic! Somebody listened to Julies debut album?
All the best performers bring to their role something more, something different than what the author put on paper. That's what makes theatre live. That's why it persists. - Stephen Sondheim
NS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yeah i own it. Its good, shes excellent. My only criticism is id liek a few more up temp stuff, alot of the songs are closer to ballads. But she is very talented and if your a fan its worth a look
nshreeve Profile Photonshreeve Profile Photo
nshreeve
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
I absolutely LOVED the Avenue Q cast on the RVP. I was so pleased to see them adapting their material for the night, unlike Wicked and Spamalot - Definitely the highlight of the evening! Clare Foster was SUPERB - Mrs T really needs more lines - its such a great comedic invention.

AVENUE Q FOREVER - NOT JUST FOR NOW!!!
Jenny3 Profile PhotoJenny3 Profile Photo
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
Avenue Q was by far the best performance of the night on the RVP. Julie was incredible, she always is but there was something even more special, if you'll excuse the pun, about her performance this time. She's amazing, so talented. I own her album as well, its fantastic. I dont think there are enough adjectives to describe her to be honest!
Loved Clare as well, shes fab. "I've been slumming it in this musical Avenue Q because Helen Mirren's been stealing all my parts...the tramp!" Genius!
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES of course I'll join you all in saying:

We LOVE Claire Foster...

And Julie Atherton is pretty cute too!!

The whole cast are a joy! The show is a joy! They were the hot hit of the night at the RVP... lets hope this cast stay with this show for a long while to come.

DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Forgot to say -

All go buy the Julie Atherton CD: A GIRL OF FEW WORDS.

available from www.makingrecords.co.uk

It is great and is advertised in their programmes get on and order your copy now!
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
By the way... anyone saw CHRISTMAS IN NEW YORK? Any thoughts about Julie or Clare?
joshy Profile Photojoshy Profile Photo
joshy
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I saw Christmas in New York! It was a great great great night. Both Julie and Clare were fabulous, the only problem was there were so many great people in it you felt like you didn't get enough of anyone! Julie is such a wonderful performer, she did a hilarious song so well, and then a really moving one so poignantly. I think Clare only had one song all on her own, but she was really great. James Gillan and Oliver Tompsett were the real surprises of the evening for me, they're both sooo wasted in Wicked.
rohingit Profile Photorohingit Profile Photo
rohingit
Featured Actor
Featured Actor
Oliver Tompsett has an amazing voice! have seen him in loads of things in the past, Our House, Mamma Mia, Wicked and a few years ago he was in Kismet i forget the name of the role but he was the prince (opp my singing teacher) he was fantastic and was great to see him in a main role, he is all to often placed as ia cover in the ensomble as apposed to a lead role, would be great to see him in something to give him some recognition. im sure we will see great things of him in the future.
......think i just changed the thread totaly to the Oliver Topsett love thread, sorry about that lol back to the convo with you all!
Updated On: 12/22/06 at 07:19 AM
Im_a_QT Profile PhotoIm_a_QT Profile Photo
Im_a_QT
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I will join the Clare love! I think she is very underrated just because she doesn't have many lines in Avenue Q, but ever since the first time I saw the show she was the one to stand out for me.
I have seen her twice as Kate Monster as well and she did a wonderful job. That is not to say that Julie isn't blessed with enormous talent as well because she is and I listen to her album daily :)

As for Christmas in New York, yeah I was there too and once again I found Clare to be a bit overshadowed - but I do think/hope that sooner or later she will have a big breakthrough role. Julie's 'Simple Christmas Wish' was the highlight of the show for me though. But again, not Clare's fault that she wasn't given the funniest song in the show re: The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hey! I just read that Clare is going to be playing Kate and Lucy for two weeks from 8th January. Please tell me that's true, because I am SO there if it is. :3
Im_a_QT
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Yes it is true. Unless Julie decides "you know what, I'm not going on holiday, I'd rather stay here and play Kate Monster!" :P No, seriously, it's been planned for months, I've known since October!
Bee2
Swing
Swing
Do you know of any other cast holidays planned in the coming months?
DeathStar
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Fab! Clare will take over the world by next Christmas.

Will defo go see it with her playing those roles though.
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
I'm going on the 19th so I should see Clare then. I've seen Julie three times now and absolutely LOVE her but am excited to see Clare as Kate/Lucy. As long as Simon's there haha, i missed out on him last month!
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
Yes I missed Simon last time, too but his understudy Luke Evans was fantastic!
benny123 Profile Photobenny123 Profile Photo
benny123
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Luke is amazing!
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
Yes i agree Luke was fantastic but Simon has a real charm, and his Nicky and Trekkie are AMAZING! He'd better be there this time round, I cant face Julie AND Simon being off!
PaigeByPaige
Stand-by
Stand-by
But Jenny, you have CLARE! Could you ask for more? re: The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread
WhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile PhotoWhoPaintedTheKitten? Profile Photo
WhoPaintedTheKitten?
Understudy
Understudy
Matt is good- but he plays Gary a bit to camp-ly (if there is such a word)
"...if you rearrange the letters in the word unemployed, it spells OPPORTUNITY!" - Gary Coleman, Ave. Q
Jenny3
Stand-by
Stand-by
Oh dont get me wrong PaigebyPaige, i'm soooooo excited about seeing Clare - will be really interesting to see her characterisation of Kate/Lucy. She is so wasted on being the 'second hand man' as it were to Nicky and Trekkie although i love her Mrs Thistletwat, and what she did on the RVP was amazing. Everyone knows that Clare's expressions are fab so to see her channel that into Kate/Lucy and do something different will be great.
Im_a_QT
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
I just found a board yesterday on Avenue Q London - am including a link... it's only starting out, but looks promising! I know there is an official board but I can't seem to sign up to it re: The Avenue Q and Clare Foster love thread I know they've had problems with spammers so they're now monitoring registrations I think and no one has approved me so far - if you're on that board, let the admin know, sigh!

And yay for Clare as Kate, though when she is on as Kate I really miss her Yellow Bear!!! Gloria does a fantastic Mrs T, but her Yellow Bear just doesn't compare to Clare's :/
Avenue Q London