Page: 1

ADOLPH GREEN

Kara
Swing
Swing
ADOLPH GREEN#0
Posted: 3/14/06 at 12:03am
I'am currently doing a research project on Adolph Green I have been having trouble finding detailed information on his life and career. If anyone has any information on him I would really appreciate it if you could post anything websites, book suggestions, places to write to etc. I'am especially intrested in his relationship with Betty Comden, any interesting childhood stories and/or his comedy process with Betty Comden. thank you so much for reading this I would appreciate anything you could give me
Flahooley Profile PhotoFlahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: ADOLPH GREEN#1
Posted: 5/30/06 at 8:37pm
Not what you are looking for? But I here is a funny story of my encouter with Adolph Green.

Years ago Adolph and Betty where doing there EVENING WITH COMDEN AND GREEN revue at a local community college here in southern california.

I went to see the show went backstage afterwards to have them sign my copy of A DOLL'S LIFE. When I handed the script Betty Comden looked at it and said reflectively, "Adolph and I need to look at this again. I think we could still make it work."

Betty Comden signed it and said I should go over to Green's dressing room and just walk in. I asked "What if he is dressing?"

"Don't worry about? He won't care!"

So I went to his dressing room and there he was wearing nothing but his underpants... NOT THE LEAST BIT EMBARASSED. He started chatting away with me. I showed him the DOLL'S LIFE script and he dramatically jumped back and he shouted "Get that thing away from me!!!"

He eventually signed it and told me of the headaches putting on that particular show had caused him.

Sweet man.