Page: 1

MILLIE in LONDON ... anyone seen? sounds?

broadway1564
Understudy
Understudy
MILLIE in LONDON ... anyone seen? sounds?#0
Posted: 12/12/03 at 4:51pm
I know there is no OFFICIAL sound recording of the MILLIE in London. Does anyone have a resource for say: Songs like GIMME GIMME, FORGET ABOUT THE BOY, JIMMY, etc.

HAS ANYONE SEEN IT?

Thanks!
bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I've not seen it yet. I was planning to go see it early next year - but now that I see that Susan Egan is taking over the role of Millie on Broadway in February, I'll wait till I get to New York in March/April. I saw her in Cabaret and I'm sure she's going to be stunning in this show.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
BwayTheatre11
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
That's not for sure. She was tapped for the role.
CCM '10!
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Lol, in other words, any illegal recordings.. Well, no.

But the show is great, however Amanda Holden's voice would fare better on a CD than in performance I feel because her presence occasionally could be more, but still good.
JRat
Swing
Swing
I saw the show early on and again this week and Amanda's stage presence has certainly improved. I think they are planning to record it.
ruthiefan_felix Profile Photoruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have seen it!!!!! Amanda is only average... not really a gd actress.... not really a gd singer...... not really a gd dancer.... Maureen Lipman is FANTASTIC!!!!! and so as Craig!!!!!!!! The rest of the cast is average too. But it sure worth seeing!
My MILLIE group!
All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings
JakeB
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
You gotta group for everything there, Felix?
Bway_Mill_Fan Profile PhotoBway_Mill_Fan Profile Photo
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
ah! someone has read my mind! since i'm not familiar with who plays who, i dont know who you just referred to except Amanda. who are the other two? forgive my ignorance re: MILLIE in LONDON ... anyone seen? sounds?
ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Hi,
Bway_Mill_fan, I will tell you the cast:
Amanda Holden as Millie
Maureen Lipman as Mrs. Meers
Sheila Ferguson as Muzzy
Craig Urbani as Trevor
Mark McGee as Jimmy
and yes! JakeB, I got a few groups! Millie, Hairspray, CHICAGO, Nine, Les Mis and Fosse!!!! But only the 1st 4 is REALLY on use!
groups.yahoo.com/group/TMM_felix
groups.yahoo.com/group/hairspray_felix
groups.yahoo.com/group/ruthiefan_felix
groups.yahoo.com/group/nine_felix
*sorry to make some advertisement of my groups!*

My TMM group!!!
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
thank you,ruthiefan_felix.

actually my friend was in London this past week for looking at Cambridge and she found a pamphlet of it so she gave it to me :). looks great! i have a question, it said that on certain days mrs.meers would be played by Marti Webb. this is stupid, but this is a man,right?

ruthiefan_felix
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I am sorry Bway_Mill_fan... but... Marti Webb... a man!?! She is a VERY famous performer!!! Andrew Lloyd Webber made the musical Song and Dance especially for her!!!! She appeared in the London recording of Song & Dance. She is the alternate Mrs. Meers. and I heard that she plays the role on Sat mat. and more. Sorry I do not know when she plays the role!!! The cast is actually quite OK. Amanda is not too bad... Maureen Lipman as MRs. Meers... what can I say... she is FANTASTIC!!!! The other cast is quite cool too! But for the 2 chinese boys, I do not understand A WORD they said!!! They ought to be speaking Cantonese (My mother language), but they were spealing some kind of Alien language!!! But I think you will DEFINITELY enjoy the show, the cas, the music and the plot!!! Though the seats are a little bit small in Shaftesbury Theatre!
My Millie group!
Bway_Mill_Fan
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
I AM SORRY!! i did not know. just the name Marti, i was thinking of Martin.

and yes i do enjoy the show, the music and the plot-i've seen the Broadway one 9 times. i am looking foward to seeing it in London over spring break