Page: 1

Matilda Goss!

AnythingGoes2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#1
Posted: 3/22/11 at 6:59am
Have pulled out of considering The Aldwych as their home for London.

The show needs a middle aisle so its a no go...

They now want The Cambridge (apparently they checked out The Apollo but too small) but its getting Chicago out which is a problem, there is heavy discussion on moving Chicago to The Aldwych but its all to do with some contact with Really Useful or something...still its all being discussed as we speak really!

Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#2
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:20am
All very interesting. I think Matilda will be a massive hit in the West End though. It could be the big hit the West End has been waiting for.
Nickhutson Profile PhotoNickhutson Profile Photo
Nickhutson
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Matilda Goss!#2
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:28am
Chicago will go to the Aldwych and Matilda will go to the Cambridge. I've heard people from MATILDA have been to the Cambridge checking out space under the stage for the automated desks and have also been checking out sight-lines from the auditorium for the re-blocking.

Bring it on!
Nick Hutson Co-Presenter/Producer MusicalTalk - The UK's Musical Theatre Podcast http://www.musicaltalk.co.uk
jaqs Profile Photojaqs Profile Photo
jaqs
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Matilda Goss!#3
Posted: 3/22/11 at 7:35am
Cant Chicago just bow out now?
Is it still pulling crowds?

theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#4
Posted: 3/22/11 at 9:50am
Is Chicago still doing sufficient business to warrant a continued run? Would be good to see some of these shows giving ways to new productions
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#5
Posted: 3/22/11 at 12:06pm
'Chicago' sells out every weekend and ticks by really well during the week despite heavy discounts.
If anything happens to it it it will transfer but not close- not just yet anyways.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#6
Posted: 3/22/11 at 12:46pm
I put Chicago's success down to not just it being a great show, that has became a tourist attraction, but also I guess this show is so cheap to produce. I would say this is the most successful show in theatre history.
exedore
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Matilda Goss!#7
Posted: 3/22/11 at 1:15pm
It'll take a lot to kill Chicago given the low running costs and ease of bumping the BO by stunt casting for a few weeks when things start going soft. Just look at how it still does in NYC after all these years...