Page: 1

Natalie Casey presents New Musical Theatre Showcase at St Paul's Church

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
There will be a showcase of new musical theatre writing on Thusday March 17th @7.30. pm. at:
St Paul's Church, Covent Garden
Bedford St
London

"Iris Theatre is launching its new writing strand with a night of new musical theatre. This will be a night of musical invention and experimentation; a platform for a delicious variety of work across a broad cross section of styles and themes. Come along to hear tomorrow's stars of musical theatre today."

The songs presented in the concert will include two songs from the musical "After The Turn" by Tim Prottey-Jones and myself (which are featured on the album More With Every Line, currently a best-seller at Dress Circle).

I'll post more info when it becomes available. Hope to see some of you there.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 3/1/11 at 06:18 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
More details have now been announced about the showcase, including confirmation that the evening will be presented by Natalie Casey. BWW newsdesk report here:

Natalie Casey presents New Musical Showcase
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Updated On: 3/1/11 at 07:01 PM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I have now learned that two songs from another of my shows will be included in the concert on March 17 - "Sophie's Song" and "Ships That Pass In The Night" from the musical "Roundabout" (which I am developing with singer/songwriter Joe Sterling).
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Here's the latest Press release:

"March 17th 2011
Iris Theatre presents:
at St. Paulís Church, Covent Garden, London WC2
Workin Process 1 Ė New Musical Theatre Showcase

Iris Theatre is launching its new writing strand with a night of new musical theatre. This will be a night of musical invention and experimentation; a platform for a delicious variety of work across a broad cross section of styles and themes. Come along to hear tomorrow's stars of musical theatre today. Secret West End musical guest stars expected.

Confirmed as the host for the evening is comedian and actress Natalie Casey (Hollyoaks & Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps). Natalie said she is "delighted to be able to support the musical theatre writers of tomorrow".

The evening will include work from Mark Allcorn, Tim Prottey-Jones & Robert Gould, Christopher Hamilton & Susannah Pearce, Fergal O'Mahony & James Richards, Michael Dresser, Rose Lewenstein, Mark Bunyan, Lee Freeman, Katy Darby & Luke Bateman, and Joe Sterling & Robert Gould.

http://www.iristheatre.com

Venue: St Paulís Church, Bedford Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 9ED Date: March 17th 2011 Time: 7.30 pm (Door opens at 7pm, finish 9.30pm)
Ticket Prices: £7
Box Office: www.seetickets.com or 0871 230 0010
Direct Link: www.seetickets.com/S.Asp?A=Workin+Process+1&P=7807 "
Updated On: 3/9/11 at 06:31 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The concert will feature 24 songs from 12 new musicals (listed below):
Showgirls
Now And Then
Roundabout (by Joe Sterling and me!)
CELEBRITY Bear
Singles
Byron
Sade
Gutter Press
Being Colonel Barker
After The Turn (by Tim Prottey-Jones & me!)
Melody Towers
New Year Reveue

Please come along if you're in London and free on Thursday night and support new musical theatre writing. It's going to be a fantastic show with some great new songs and great performers!

bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Don't know whether anyone from the board managed to get to see it - if you didn't, you missed an amazing night. Natalie Casey was hilarious and all the performers were terrific. There was a superb programme of new musical theatre writing which spanned the entire spectrum of musical theatre styles - all great stuff (especially Joe's, Tim's and mine lol). Seriously though - the evening really did show how much great new writing is going on and how much talent there is out there. Now all we need is for some brave producers to start backing that talent.

The show was video recorded and was covered by Stageleft podcast - so if anyone's interested there will be video and audio material available online soon.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I was there, surprised I didn't see you, I agree the music was of a very surprising high standard and very enjoyable, I enjoyed your 4 songs, but thought you should of done the doll song from 'Based on a True Story', which is amazing and catchy.

Was Natalie Casey the compare? She was very funny and attractive, I disagree about the 'Meat Loaf' look!

A enjoyable evening, shame I missed the 2 last songs.
Updated On: 3/20/11 at 09:52 AM
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Thanks for your support POL. Glad you enjoyed the evening.

As for songs from my show Based On A True Story - I didn't submit anything from that show or any other of the shows I've written with Chris Orton coz he's tied up with the Spamalot tour and too busy to get demos done etc. Anyway, I was really pleased that those four songs were selected and even more pleased with the way everything went on the night. Now all we need is some money so we can attempt to stage one of the shows!

See you on Tuesday night in NYC!