Page: 1

another feast of theatre this weekend

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#1
Posted: 10/21/10 at 7:19pm
Off in the morning to London for another weekend of theatre bliss. Seeing Passion tomorrow night (Friday), Bells Are Ringing on Saturday (matinee) and Tomorrow Morning with the fabulous Julie Atherton on Saturday night, then rounding it all off with Me And Juliet at the Finborough on Sunday afternoon. Very excited about all these shows! Will post my views after I get back home.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#2
Posted: 10/21/10 at 7:34pm
Apparently David Birrell is back in Passion. Have a lovely time! :)
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#2
Posted: 10/21/10 at 7:50pm
Thanks, Weez. I'm so over the moon that I'm actually getting to see Passion coz as you know I had given up hope of getting a ticket. But when I found I was going to be in London this weekend (which I had not originally planned to do) I called in at the Donmar when I was in London 4 weeks ago on the off-chance that they had a ticket for this Friday and they had just had a couple of extra tickets released. So there is a God. lol
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#3
Posted: 10/22/10 at 2:15am
Anyone else going to see anything in the next week?

I'm going to see Love Never Dies.
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#4
Posted: 10/22/10 at 6:09am
I am back up home this week so no theatre for me (unless I catch Scrooge in Sunderland, hmmm). Saw Deathtrap again on Tuesday night though :).

Hoping to Dayseat Passion November 6th.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#5
Posted: 10/22/10 at 6:48am
I'm in a show at the moment so haven't been to the theatre as an audience member since October 9th. Making up for it next weekend though; Or You Could Kiss Me and Faust (Young Vic) on Saturday, Merrily We Roll Along and Terror 2010 on Sunday, and Tribes on Monday. :)
ClapYo'Hands Profile PhotoClapYo'Hands Profile Photo
ClapYo'Hands
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#6
Posted: 10/22/10 at 9:10am
Oh, is that the Merrily concert?

I am so jealous >:
devonian.t Profile Photodevonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#7
Posted: 10/23/10 at 8:54am
Passion tonight!
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#8
Posted: 10/24/10 at 8:09pm
Just got back home - and it really was a FEAST of theatre. Four great productions of four great shows and a host of great performances, including two awesome performances by actors and three awesome performances by actresses - and all in one weekend!

PASSION - I'd almost forgotten how brilliant a score this is, SO beautiful. And this production captured the poignant love story so perfectly. The whole cast were great. I was expecting Elena Roger to be a brilliant Fosca and she was. But David Thaxton was a revelation - far and away the best Giorgio I've seen.

BELLS ARE RINGING - a really fab production of a classic Broadway show. From what I gather it's close to sold out for the rest of the run - and totally deserves to be. Comden and Green's brilliantly witty and perfectly crafted book combined with one of Jule Styne's best ever scores staged and performed with such energy! And Anna Jane Casey should be named a national treasure!

TOMORROW MORNING - cannot overstate how fantastic a show this is! One of the best things I've seen all year. Really funny, at times touching and very clever book and score which - as always - is superbly directed by Robert McWhirr at the Landor. All four performances were great, while Jon Lee and Julie Atherton were both way beyond great. Anyone who still thinks Jon Lee is just a pop band singer should go see this to see that he is a wonderful actor and a genuinely great musical theatre performer (and the beautiful tone of his voice is enough to make anyone melt). And Julie Atherton is..........actually words can't describe how fantastic she is. Anyone who has not seen this - KILL FOR A TICKET!!!!!

ME AND JULIET - a brilliant staging at the Finborough with a superb ensemble cast of the classic R & H flop show. But this production is no way a flop. Totally engaging form start to finish and any lover of musical theater should go see it just to see a piece that, though it failed at the time, shows how great a craftsman Hammerstein was in the way he attempted to weave together a number of characters' storylines into one piece set "backstage" during the run of a fictional Broadway show. The score is not R & H's best but there are a handful of superb songs nonetheless and even below par R & H is better than many other scores you could listen to.
songanddanceman2 Profile Photosonganddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
another feast of theatre this weekend#9
Posted: 10/24/10 at 8:20pm
Great reviews Bob

I saw Enron which i loved and im reviewing Chess at the Lowry on Tuesday.
Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna