Page: 1

Summer Is Here! Into The Park With The Open Air Season 2010

MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Casting and productions have now been confirmed for the 2010 season at The Regents park Open air Theatre.

The place is abuzz at the moment with its production of 'Hello Dolly' due to announce its West End transfer any day now and will hopefully open just as this years season is wrapping up.
The Comedy Theatre is the hottest tipped house that the show will find a home at the moment. The producers want to keep it small and a limited run there could help the show recoup faster there than in a big new production and in a bigger house.

The just announced 2010 season is as follows.

Arthur Millerís 'The Crucible' will be the opening production from 2nd June- previews from 24th May. Playing until 19th June.
Directed by Timothy Sheader.
The cast includes Patrick OíKane, Emma Cunniffe, Emily Taaffe & Oliver Ford-Davies.
The play is based on the events that led to the Salem witch trials.

William Shakespeare's 'A Comedy Of Errors', opens 29th June-previews from 24th June. Playing until 31 July.
Directed by Philip Franks.
The cast includes Daniel Weyman, Daniel Llewelyn-Williams, Jo Herbert, Anna-Jane Casey- fronting a live swing band in the role of Courtesan.

Families and school children will be transported to Burnham wood as 'Macbeth' is reimagined for audiences aged 6 and over.
The Scottish play will be performed during the day from 3rd to 31st July.
Directed by Steve Marmion.
The cast includes Golda Rosheuvel, Simon Trinder & Josephine Butler.

The closing production for 2010 will be the musical 'Into the Woods'.
Opening 11th Aug-Previews from 5th August. Playing until 11th September.
Directed by Timothy Sheader.
The cast includes Hannah Waddingham (Witch), Jenna Russell (Bakerís Wife), Marc Antolin, Valda Aviks, Billy Boyle, Gaye Brown, Sophie Caton, Alice Fearn, Mark Goldthorp, Amy Griffiths, Mark Hadfield, Amy Ellen Richardson, Ben Stott, Gemma Wardle.
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Yay! I less-than-three Oliver Ford Davies! :3
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Great Season, I hope i'll be able to get tickets to Into the Woods. And great news on Dolly.
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Tickets already booked for Into the Woods.

Great to see Mark Hadfield's name in the cast - I still remember him as Linus in Snoopy.

Great news about a Dolly transfer as well. I wonder if it will tour as some of the other Regents Park productions have.
theatrepaul Profile Phototheatrepaul Profile Photo
theatrepaul
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I hope the Dolly transfer happens Summer Is Here!  Into The Park With The Open Air Season 2010

Looking forward to seeing Into the Woods this summer. Think that will work really well on the Regents Park stage
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
Can't wait to see Into the Woods. Hello Dolly was my first visit to the Open Air and i loved the place. I'm sure Woods will work brilliantly there.
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Looks very good, I definitely go and see 'Into The Woods' and might even check out 'A Comedy of Errors'.

Very luck I work next to Regents Park and performances start a 8pm, just right after a Friday late turn.

Scripps, when have you booked your ticket for?
Mark_E Profile PhotoMark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Helen Dallimore will be playing Cinderella!