Page: 1

'The Breakfast Club' to make debut in Brighton

mikeysussex
Understudy
Understudy
A stage adaptation of the John Hughes film will run at the Brighton Festival this May. I can only hope that Molly Ringwald WON'T be in it.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
'The Breakfast Club' to make debut in Brighton

Its not making its debut, our company produced a sell out extended run of this in Oct 2008.

It's a strange one as it has no rights yet the film company and the late great Hughes seems to turn a blind eye to stage productions. On the recent Breakfast Club DVD some of the cast even talk about the stage versions been done around the world. It amazes me that they have never put it on stage on Broadway etc.

former sadm2 (wink)
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What a bore of a movie.
mikeysussex
Understudy
Understudy
Oh silly me. I was quoting the Brighton Festival programme which states 'UK Premiere'. Slap my hand.
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Mamma are you mad, this is one of the best teen movies ever
former sadm2 (wink)
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
It did nothing for me on its original release and again when trying to watch a number of years ago.
Sorry!
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
awww i adore this film, i thought it was such a quiet charachter driven film about dealing with life as a teenager. No frills, no CGI just some great performances from the brat pack
former sadm2 (wink)
Weez Profile PhotoWeez Profile Photo
Weez
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm trying to find an answer, not trying to cast aspersions, and I don't know numbers for a fact but... well, perhaps one needs to have been a teenager during or after the '80s to appreciate The Breakfast Club on the right level. I know there are certain books that I don't love simply because I came to them too late in life. Perhaps?
Dantes
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Yeah your right, im 31 now so i was a kid when the Brat Pack films came out and identified with them, the simplicity of the Breakfast Club made me love it. I still to this day think its great
former sadm2 (wink)
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Even as a late teen I didnt get this boring load of twaddle

EDIT: LOL LOL Jut took a look at the ate of the movie- I was little older than a late teenager!!!
Updated On: 3/20/10 at 01:52 PM
mikeysussex
Understudy
Understudy
You don't have to be a frumpy, middle-aged spinster to enjoy 'Now Voyager'. Ooops.