Page: 1

What should I See in June?

wildhornfan
Swing
Swing
What should I See in June?#1
Posted: 3/13/10 at 5:58pm
I live in NYC and go to Broadway all the time. I am going to London in the middle of June and was wondering what West End musicals I should see. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...
Phantom of London Profile PhotoPhantom of London Profile Photo
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What should I See in June?#2
Posted: 3/13/10 at 6:36pm
I gather you would not want to see anything that is playing New York at the moment? so that would rule out Billy Elliot, Wicked, Avenue Q and Mama Mia etc. How long are you coming for? How many shows do you want to see?

TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What should I See in June?#2
Posted: 3/13/10 at 7:51pm
There are a lot of fantastic plays on offer if you're not a stickler for musicals alone (though many plays have already announced transfers to NYC).

As far as musicals go, I'd suggest Sweet Charity just because of the recent pedigree of the Menier in staging revivals.

Legally Blonde is a different kettle of fish in London to the Broadway version and Sheridan Smith is a knockout as Elle.

Paradise Found, jointly directed by Hal Prince & Susan Stroman and starring Mandy Patinkin is on at the Chocolate Factory from 19 May to 26 June. Well worth at least a glimpse I'd say.
Seen some shows in my time....
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What should I See in June?#3
Posted: 3/13/10 at 8:05pm
Tiggosaurus how did you manage to stay away from the 'Prriiissssscccccccciiiiiiiiiiilllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa'?????
Updated On: 3/13/10 at 08:05 PM
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What should I See in June?#4
Posted: 3/13/10 at 8:14pm
POL: Because I'm going cold turkey at the moment - no need to rub it in! What should I See in June?
Phantom of London
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
What should I See in June?#5
Posted: 3/14/10 at 5:36am
Apologies, forgot about Sheldon leaving, so probably not much fun.

I had a look at ticket sales for Paradise Found, thinking it would be sold out, as Menier sells out very quickly, but surprised many dates are still available, so would recommend this.

Also definitely go and see 'Blood Brothers' for something quintessential English.
wildhornfan
Swing
Swing
What should I See in June?#6
Posted: 3/14/10 at 9:30am
Thanks for the info... I will be in London from the 17th-21 of June. Looking to see two shows.... Paradise Found sounds really good....
wildhornfan
Swing
Swing
What should I See in June?#7
Posted: 3/14/10 at 9:42am
forgot to mention someone said I have to see Priscilla...
frapperia
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
What should I See in June?#8
Posted: 3/14/10 at 12:02pm
Yes, definitely see Priscilla, it's fabulous! Make sure you get decent seats, though, check out the Palace on Theatremonkey to make sure your sightlines are okay.

Tigg is in mourning for Tony Sheldon leaving the cast so she won't be much use to you for the next few months What should I See in June? However, the show is still in great shape and well worth a watch.
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
What should I See in June?#9
Posted: 3/15/10 at 4:53pm
I wouldn't NOT recommend Priscilla (despite not having seen the new cast for myself) - it's such a feelgood and funny show, everyone I've taken along has loved it / laughed their heads off. But I have seen it quite a few times and there are many new productions (esp plays) which I'm really looking forward to seeing... What should I See in June?