Page: 1

Holding The Man

TIGGOSAURUS Profile PhotoTIGGOSAURUS Profile Photo
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Holding The Man#1
Posted: 3/12/10 at 7:03pm
http://www.london-theatreland.co.uk/theatres/trafalgar-studios/holding-the-man.php

I received a few emails offers about this play and really liked the sound of it, so have booked tickets for May for myself and a friend. It was also enthusiastically recommended to me by someone I got talking to in the audience at Priscilla recently. Has anyone here seen it in Oz? If so, what are your thoughts? I'm not that familiar with 'Kath & Kim', but is Jane Turner considered a good fit for this production?
Seen some shows in my time....
Claire De Loone  Profile PhotoClaire De Loone  Profile Photo
Claire De Loone
Chorus Member
Chorus Member
Holding The Man#2
Posted: 3/12/10 at 11:01pm
I saw it in Sydney twice at Belvoir Street - It's an incredible play and you lose yourself in the characters ( the main 2 males)immediately. The female role here is forgetable to me but only because the male leads were such powerful and memorable characters. From memory the female plays several different characters throughout the 15 year time line. Its a story of friendship and love and it certainly moves you in ways you dont expect. Its one of those rare nights in the theatre where you come out and actually feel youve been moved by the characters on stage... and hey I know you're a Tony Sheldon fan so I know you know what i mean by being moved by someone on stage Holding The Man I hope you enjoy it.
"Of course, sometimes I get carried away"
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Holding The Man#2
Posted: 3/13/10 at 4:49am
Thank you for your appraisal Claire. From your description it sounds like I'm going to really enjoy this play. I'm attending a post-show Q&A too, so will be interested to hear more about the genesis of the story and the production. The friend who I'm going with is also a Tony Sheldon fan, so we both appreciate what it means to be moved by a beautifully-crafted character. Holding The Man
TIGGOSAURUS
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Holding The Man#3
Posted: 3/15/10 at 6:31pm
Really great news about the cast for this show - Simon Burke is confirmed. Looking forward to seeing it even more now. Holding The Man

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/Full_Cast_Announced_for_West_End_Premiere_of_Aussie_Play_HOLDING_THE_MAN_20100315
Updated On: 3/16/10 at 06:31 PM
SoonerOrLater Profile PhotoSoonerOrLater Profile Photo
SoonerOrLater
Broadway Star
Broadway Star
Holding The Man#4
Posted: 3/16/10 at 12:57pm
Very excited about this too, even more with Burke attached.

I had heard of but never seen/read the play so quite excited to see it now.
Maybe I'm on nobody's side http://phdconfessions.blogspot.com/