Page: 1

Kerry Ellis is Nancy plus album news, Private Function @ West Yorkshire Playhouse

Princeton2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
Kerry Ellis is getting ready to rock Oliver!.
The award-winning actress has one of the best voices in theatre. She can sing along to a gentle melody or soar with a strong rock ballad, qualities she displayed in the musical Wicked which she performed in the West End and on Broadway.
Kerry will take over the role of Nancy in Oliver! on March 29. Jodie Prenger gives her last performance two days before on March 27.
'I used to sing Oom-Pah-Pah and all the songs Nancy does when I was a little girl, so I'm thrilled to be getting the chance to sing them for real,' Kerry told me.

'I know all the songs from the show. Who doesn't know those songs?'

She met producer Cameron Mackintosh and director Rupert Goold before accepting the role.
She will rehearse with the other new cast members Griff Rhys Jones (Fagin) and Steven Hartley (Bill Sikes) in the spring, and she will spend a couple of days discussing her interpretation with Goold.
Meanwhile, she will continue working on her first full-length album, which will include two new songs written by Don Black and Brian May. Kerry has already laid down one of the Black-May numbers called I Can't Be Your Friend which she described as a 'big rock anthem'.
May is producing the record and it's expected to be released some time next summer

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1231278/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Gurkha-goddess-Joanna-red-hot-momma.html#ixzz0Y2RiCFQ3

George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, who are having a workshop of a musical version of Alan Bennett's A Private Function next month. It is likely to premiere at the West Yorkshire Playhouse in 2010.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1231278/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Gurkha-goddess-Joanna-red-hot-momma.html#ixzz0Y2SRWGNj
Scripps2 Profile PhotoScripps2 Profile Photo
Scripps2
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
I'm glad A Private Function is being premiered at the WYP.

I'll finally get to see something before Mama does.