Page: 1

The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre

bob8rich Profile Photobob8rich Profile Photo
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#1
Posted: 9/4/09 at 5:02am
Craig Revel Horwood's smash hit production of The Hot Mikado (staged at the Watermill back in 2006) is coming to London later this month. After 2 weeks at the Watermill, it will be at the Rose Theatre, Kingston for a week on the first leg of a short tour of the UK before heading to a theatre festival in Spain.

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/article/Horwoods_HOT_MIKADO_Hits_London_in_September_20090903

I saw this actor-muso production at the Watermill in 2006 and it was brilliant. I can't make it to Kingston but am planning to see it in November in Aberystwyth!
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
MamasDoin'Fine Profile PhotoMamasDoin'Fine Profile Photo
MamasDoin'Fine
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#2
Posted: 9/4/09 at 8:29am
The Rose is a gorgeous addition to the London scene. I was given a sneek tour around about 3 months before it was completed and it is amazing. A great space capable of presenting a whole range of productions.
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#2
Posted: 9/4/09 at 1:28pm
If this was the Broadway board i would take great sneering pleasure in telling you i posted this months ago, but seeing as it isn't i won't re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#3
Posted: 9/4/09 at 6:22pm
Not sure what you're referring to. I posted in response to the press release which I received 2 days ago.
THEATRE 2019: ASPECTS OF LOVE**** FRANKENSTEIN (Paris)**** AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE**** COMPANY***** [title of show]**** CAN CAN*** THE CEREAL CAFE**** BAD GIRLS**** RAGS***** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** FOLLIES***** ROMANCE ROMANCE**** THE MARVELOUS WONDERETTES*** LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE***** QUEEN OF THE MIST**** SIX** THE PRICE***** MAGGIE MAY **** CALENDAR GIRLS** MAN OF LA MANCHA**** WAITRESS***** FANNY AND STELLA***
Boybooshka Profile PhotoBoybooshka Profile Photo
Boybooshka
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#4
Posted: 9/6/09 at 5:42am
Sorry, i was just trying to point out in a humourous way that there was already a post about this a while ago, whilst at the same time making a comment about the bitchiness common on the Broadway board.

I apologise, it failed miserably, i now hang my head in shame and will never try to do it again.
Clark_MD Profile PhotoClark_MD Profile Photo
Clark_MD
Leading Actor
Leading Actor
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#5
Posted: 9/12/09 at 6:33pm
Going to see Hot Mikado at the lowry in a couple of weeks... really dont know what to expect yet quite looking forward to it x
The Artist Formally Known As 'Anon2'
bob8rich
Broadway Legend
Broadway Legend
re: The Hot Mikado at the Rose Theatre#6
Posted: 9/13/09 at 6:29am
Clark - you can expect a great show! I am someone who normally cannot stand G & S (it really does my head in lol). But when I saw The Hot Mikado at the Watermill, I loved it.