Speakers Announced For National 'Hands Off Venezuela!' March
The National March on Washington: Hands Off Venezuela on Saturday, March 16, at 12 noon in Lafayette Park will include as speakers:
- Daniel Ellsberg, whistleblower, Pentagon Papers
- Danny Glover, actor
- Max Blumenthal, journalist, author, Senior Editor of the Grayzone Project
- Ben Norton, journalist
- Mara Verheyden-Hilliard, constitutional rights attorney
- Brian Becker, Executive Director, A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition
- Medea Benjamin, Co-founder of CODE PINK
- Graylan Hagler, Senior Minister, Plymouth Congregational Church
- Gloria La Riva, National Coordinator of the Cuba and Venezuela Solidarity Committee
- Eugene Puryear, Justice First
- Mahdi Bray, Executive Director, American Muslim Alliance
- & many others.
This Saturday, a large coalition of organizations and individuals will declare "No coup! No war! No sanctions!" and oppose the Trump administration's efforts to overthrow the government of Nicolás Maduro and replace him with Juan Guaidó, a U.S.-trained operative largely unknown to the Venezuelan people before declaring himself the president, with the backing of the Trump Administration.
This assault on Venezuelan sovereignty must not stand, and the ANSWER Coalition and allied organizations won't sit idly by as the Trump administration interferes with another government.