NEW YORK HOT JAZZ FESTIVAL Comes to the McKittrick Hotel
The McKittrick Hotel (530 West 27th Street, NYC), home of Sleep No More, and Hot Jazz Productions announce the sixth annual New York Hot Jazz Festival will return to the hotel on Sunday, September 30.
The New York Hot Jazz Festival spans the entire scope of early jazz music - from its New Orleans beginnings through the Jazz Age and Swing Era. Highlights include Hot Jazz Brunch at the hotel's rooftop Gallow Green, a lively NOLA-style Second Line parade, Antique Phonograph DJ and performance artists including tap dancers throughout the day.
Doors open at 2pm for brunch, followed by nonstop performances from 4pm to midnight across three indoor and outdoor stages at The McKittrick Hotel. The 12- hour fest concludes with a raucous late-night Midnight Speakeasy Party, featuring the festival's trademark all-star jam session and classic burlesque acts until 2am in The Heath.
A celebration of trad jazz with rising stars and legendary performers alike, the NY Hot Jazz Festival is renowned for showcasing the best talent of the hot jazz and swing revival in New York and beyond. This year's program will give a special nod to the Big Easy's tricentennial year, French jazz styles and a Fats Waller tribute.
In recognition of his immeasurable contributions to traditional jazz, festival headliner and GRAMMY Award-winner Vince Giordano will be the first recipient of the fest's new "Lifetime Achievement Award." The acclaimed leader of Vince Giordano & The Nighthawks is one of the biggest names in the world of hot jazz.
The festival features over twelve hours of continuous live music from sixteen hot jazz and swing ensembles. Prizes will be awarded to those attired in their vintage best, so guests are encouraged to dress to impress.
LINEUP (list in formation and subject to change)
• Vince Giordano & The Nighthawks
• The Hot Sardines
• Mwenso and The Shakes
• Evan Christopher's Django à la Créole
• Julien Labro & Olli Soikkeli Quartet
• Tatiana Eva-Marie & the Avalon Jazz Band
• Sasha Masakowski
• Cynthia Sayer Trio
• Olivier Franc & Jean Baptiste Franc
• Charlie Halloran Band featuring Queen Esther
• Nicolle Rochelle
• DeWitt Fleming Jr.
• New Eureka Jass Band featuring Eddy Davis
• The Moonlighters
• Sugartone Brass Band
• Evan Arntzen's Animule Dance
• Heather Ghering & Lou Brockman
• Midnight Speakeasy All-Star Band
• Lilian Lorraine & her Lovely Ladies Mystery Train Tableau
• Antique Phonograph DJ MAC
• 2pm-4pm: Hot Jazz Brunch (additional ticket/reservation required)
• 4pm-12am: Hot Jazz Festival (incl. with GA, Reserved and Benefactor tickets)
• 12am-2am: Midnight Speakeasy Party (incl. with tickets above and Late Night tickets)
• "Hot Jazz Benefactor" tickets are $200, and include priority entry from 4pm, preferred seating at both main stages and acknowledgement in the festival newsletter.
• Reserved Seating tickets are $135, with access to seating at the lower level stage from 4pm.
• General Admission tickets are $59 with 4pm entry, and $69 once advance tickets sell out.
• Reservations for Hot Jazz Brunch, which kicks off the Festival at 2pm on rooftop Gallow Green, are $39 in addition to General Admission, Reserved Seating or Benefactor tickets. Brunch comes complete with coffee, tea, the rooftop's seasonal brunch buffet and live hot jazz music.
In addition to NY Hot Jazz Fest, Michael Katsobashvili founded the first-ever New York Brass Festival earlier this year at The McKittrick, and programs weekly Hot Jazz Sunset Sundays artists at the hotel's rooftop Gallow Green. Hot Jazz Productions also created the Pangea Jazz Fest fusing world and jazz styles, and produces events for Central Park SummerStage, Jazz at Lincoln Center, Symphony Space and NYC Winter Jazzfest.
The McKittrick Hotel is located at 530 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001. For tickets, reservations and additional information, visit mckittrickhotel.com or call 212- 904-1880.