Clarence Brown Theatre Welcomes New Advisory Board Members
The Clarence Brown Theatre, one of thirteen professional LORT (League of Regional Theatres) theatres on a university campus in the country, announced its newly appointed Advisory Board members. The Advisory Board is the link to the community, overseeing major events and fundraisers, the CBT Society Scholarship, and engaging the community to grow the theatre's support."What this diverse group of new Advisory Board members share is their passion for theatre," said Calvin MacLean, Artistic Producing Director of the CBT. "We are thrilled to have them join our stellar group of advisory board members."The newly elected Advisory Board members of the Clarence Brown Theatre include:
· Michael Grider currently serves as communications manager for Knox County Mayor Tim Burchett. He's active in various community organizations, including Young Professional Knoxville Civitan, Leadership Knoxville and the local chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
· Tony Johnson is the Senior Vice President of Strategic Marketing Affiliates, Inc., based in Indianapolis, Indiana. Prior to joining SMA, he was the Assistant Vice President for Marketing at Mississippi Valley State University and oversaw the day-to-day operations of the institution's Trademark Licensing Program, University Bookstore, Athletic Marketing and some components of development. Before his corporate career, Tony played tight end for the Philadelphia Eagles, New Orleans Saints and the Detroit Lions in the NFL.
· Maureen Dunn McBride currently works on a number of non-profit Boards, including serving as Chair of the Board of Advisors of the Women's Fund of East Tennessee, as a member of the Board of the Knoxville Botanical Garden and Arboretum, as a member of the Board of Trustees of the Riverside Research Institute, N.Y, N.Y, and as Treasurer and Board member of the Tennessee Valley Unitarian Universalist Church. From 2001 to 2010, she held the position of Executive Vice President and General Council of TVA.
· Lamarr Stout is the owner of Benefits Management Group, Inc. He also is the Director of Benefits Plans for WMG Companies. Prior to working with WMG, he founded the employee benefits division of a Knoxville based financial planning firm.
· Alexander Waters is an attorney at Long, Ragsdale & Waters, P.C. in Knoxville, TN. In addition, he completed two month-long excursions to Wyoming and Alaska with the National Outdoor Leadership School and is a regular panelist on Fox43's "Heavy Hitters" show. He also is active in local, regional and national politics.