Scenic Carpenter - The Play Group TheatreBack to Jobs | View More Part Time Jobs - Creative Listings
The Play Group Theatre (PGT), a Westchester based non-profit educational theatre organization dedicated to providing diverse theatre making experiences and performance opportunities to children and teenagers, is seeking part-time scenic carpenters for the 2021-22 MainStage season.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the TD and ATD to build, load in, and strike each production.
- Assisting in maintaining shop equipment/inventory and in keeping the scene shop clean and safe.
- Finishing work (including some basic painting).
- Promoting a safe and healthy work and learning environment for the rest of the staff and the students in the Design/Tech program.
- 2+ years of professional theater carpentry and/or related educational experience.
- Knowledge of theatrical building techniques.
- Ability to read construction drawings and build plans.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work quickly and accurately with attention to detail, maintaining a positive attitude in fast-paced environments.
- Ability to work in a child-friendly, child-centered environment
- Proficiency in hand and power tools.
- Rigging and welding experience are a plus.
- Comfortable working at heights in excess of 12 feet on a ladder and painter’s scaffold.
- Ability to safely lift 50+ lbs.
- BA or BFA in tech theater a plus.
Experience in stage carpentry is preferred but we will consider experience in other types of carpentry and construction.
Employees of The Play Group Theatre must be fully vaccinated from Covid-19.
Pay rate is commensurate to experience, starting at $20/hr
Send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org