Part Time Box Office Associates - Studio TheatreBack to Jobs | View More Part Time Jobs - Administrative Listings
TITLE: Box Office Associate
STATUS: Part-Time, Non Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Marketing/Audience Services
REPORTS TO: Manager of Sales and Tessitura Operations
POSTITION AVAILABLE: Ongoing
ABOUT STUDIO THEATRE
Studio Theatre is a premier Washington venue for contemporary theatre. Under the leadership of Artistic Director David Muse and Managing Director Rebecca Ende Lichtenberg, Studio produces the work of many of today’s greatest writers, augmented by occasional productions of modern classics. Our work is marked by its emphasis on excellence in acting and design and the signature intimacy of its four theatres, which all seat fewer than 225 patrons. With a budget of over $5 million and 24 full-time staff members, no theatre of comparable budget size operates such exclusively intimate theatres. The quality of this work has been recognized by sustained community support and over 70 Helen Hayes Awards for excellence in professional theatre.
Rooted in the Theatre’s mission to foster a more thoughtful, more empathetic, and more connected community in Washington, DC and beyond, Studio takes seriously our commitment to providing access to and engagement with our work—both on stage and off. Our community engagement efforts include access and affordability initiatives, public programming, a growing community partner program, and dedicated education and workforce development programs.
Studio is currently in the midst of a major renovation of its main facility. We are transforming a theater into a state-of-the-art “raw room” with no fixed seating, rearranging and renovating our lobbies and restrooms, creating our first dedicated rehearsal room, creating a new indoor/outdoor café space, and making other improvements throughout the building. The project should be complete early in 2022. This is a rare opportunity to be a part of the opening and running of a transformed venue.
Studio Theatre seeks candidates for part-time Box Office Associate. This position is responsible for processing ticketing requests and providing a high level of customer service to all patrons and guests. This position will assist with Box Office operations during the running of shows and other shifts as necessary. Approximately 10-20 hours a week. This position may begin remote and shift to in-person once the season starts in late fall. Please note, Studio Theatre has instituted a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for all employees. As such, proof of FDA-approved vaccination is required prior to beginning work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key duties of the Box Office Associate include but are not limited to:
• Sell and process all ticket sales in Tessitura, including single tickets, subscriptions, and exchanges.
• Support the Box Office team in efforts including inbound and outbound phone calls, will call operations and email correspondence.
• Maintain the highest level of customer service by corresponding with patrons in a timely manner and trouble-shooting ticketing issues.
• Adhere to proper data management standards in Tessitura to ensure database and institutional information are up to date.
• Foster a work environment that embodies Studio’s commitment to be a supportive and anti-racist workplace.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Prior customer service experience; front of house and box office experience is a plus, but not required.
• Preference will be given to applicants familiar with ticketing software (preferably Tessitura) or CRM database.
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Must be comfortable working at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to multi-task in fast paced environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and enthusiasm to work with teams with diverse identities.
This position is a part-time, hourly non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $16.50/hour.
Two complimentary tickets to all Studio Theatre productions.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants can apply using the form below:
Proof of COVID vaccination is not required at the application stage but will be required if a job offer is extended.
If you need assistance filling out the form, please email email@example.com or call 202.232.7267 x 0 for assistance.
Studio Theatre is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment, and all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status.