Eryc Taylor Dance Digital Casting Call for Diverse Dancers for New Work by JoAnn M. Hunter - Eryc Taylor DanceBack to Jobs | View More Temp Jobs - Creative Listings
Eryc Taylor Dance (ETD) is commissioning guest choreographer JoAnn M. Hunter to create a new 30-40 minute work on ETD company members as well as dancers from outside the company.
The information and materials submitted through the form (link below) will be reviewed by ETD's Artistic Director Eryc Taylor and guest choreographer JoAnn M. Hunter. Please submit the form by 6pm ET on Friday, October 29 to be considered for the live call back on November 2nd in Manhattan. Female-identifying dancers will audition from 10am-1pm and male-identifying dancers will audition from 2-5pm.
ETD is looking to work with diverse individuals with the following skills and identities:
- Strong technique in ballet, modern, jazz, and theatre dance. Please review Joann M. Hunter’s choreographic credits here to review her artistic style.
- Experience with contributing to the choreographic creative process.
- Professional performance experience in NYC.
- Partnering experience.
- Female-identifying dancers will be dancing in heels.
- Male-identifying dancers must be strong partners. This work requires one male character to dance in heels, and those who are able to do so will be asked to participate in a heels portion of the male call back.
- Individuals who are non-binary, genderqueer, or otherwise do not identify as male or female may choose to audition for whichever role best suits their preferences.
- Must be non-union.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 and be prepared to get tested routinely during the rehearsal process and performances. Please note that the in-person call back on November 2 requires proof of vaccination and a negative rapid test result taken within 48 hours of the callback.
- Callbacks will take place in Manhattan on November 2, 2021. Female-identifying dancers will audition from 10am-1pm and male-identifying dancers will audition from 2-5pm.
- Casting notifications will be sent on out November 2, 2021 by 11:59pm.
- Fall 2021 rehearsals will be held at Nex Gen Studios (519 8th Avenue) on the following dates/times*:
- November 8-10th from 9am-1pm
- November 13-14th from 10am-3pm
- November 15th from 9am-3pm
- November 16th from 9am-1pm
- November 18th from 9am-3pm
- November 19th from 9am-3pm
- November 23 from 9am-3pm
* Please note that not all dancers will be needed for all rehearsals, and each dancer's schedule will be confirmed upon casting confirmation.
- Spring 2022 rehearsals will be held the week of April 25th, and May 2nd, 2022 in Manhattan, NYC.
- Tech and dress rehearsals will be held the week of May 9th, 2022.
- The NYC Premiere performances will take place in Manhattan on May 12-15, 2022.
- Hourly pay for rehearsals will range between $25-30/hr.
- Pay for performances will range between $200-300 per performance.
ETD, Inc. and subsidiaries do not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.
Contact email@example.com if there are any issues with submitting the form.
Audition Form: https://forms.gle/Kf67Cqut5uvGbAjd9
Salary: Hourly pay for rehearsals will range between $25-30/hr. // Pay for performances will range between $200-300 per performance.