Cancellations And Postponements Announced At Citadel Theatre Due To COVID-19
Citadel Theatre has announced cancellations and postponements related to the Covid-19 outbreak:
"As a precautionary measure in response to the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Alberta has mandated that all gatherings of over 250 attendees cannot take place until further notice. To ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists, staff, and volunteers, the Citadel Theatre is taking the following actions:
- As You Like It is closed effectively immediately.
- The Garneau Block and Peter Pan Goes Wrong have been postponed until further notice.
- Audrey Ochoa & Friends in the House Series has been postponed until further notice.
- The 2020 Collider Festival has been postponed until further notice.
- Our final performances for the Foote Theatre School winter session, and our upcoming Spring Break Camps have been cancelled.
- Mercury Opera's La Boheme in our Rice Theatre will complete its run as planned.
At this time, ticketholders for As You Like It and The Garneau Block can contact our Box Office at 780.425.1820 for options on using their tickets for future performances. Ticketholders for other affected events will be contacted directly with updates about their scheduled performances as updates are available, and we ask for your patience as we work through affected events by date. Stay tuned for further announcements about all of our upcoming programming. We ask for patience and cooperation as our team works to address all affected aspects of our programming. Higher than usual wait times should be anticipated when contacting our Box Office as they handle an enormous number of requests in the coming days - but we are confident that our fantastic team will have folks re-booked as quickly as possible. We are beyond disappointed to say an early farewell to As You Like It and have other brilliant artists affected, but stand by the Government of Alberta's decision to protect the health and safety of our community. This mandate will have a serious impact on us and organizations like us across the province. If you are able to consider a donation to the Citadel Theatre or other organizations across Edmonton affected by the ban, every dollar will go a long way to ensuring the well-being of hundreds of cultural workers and artists. Thank you for supporting live theatre in our city. With your cooperation, the show will go on."